Oblivious to the fact (2)

(One year time skip)

(Y/N) was sobbing hard. She had found herself an empty bench in the courtyard, somewhere far enough from others to let her tears loose. She was alone for a moment before her sister Ivory came and sat down next to her, letting the silence wipe the tears from (Y/N)'s eyes before she could finish the job.

"He doesn't like me," she stammered, sniffling. Her nose starting running, but she didn't care if her sleeves got a bit sticky. She wiped it with her left sleeve, sniffling again. "He likes Pansy. Fucking Pansy, who didn't even try."

Ivory raised her eyebrows, pursing her lips. She believed that Draco could like Pansy, even if the both of them looked too foolish with each other. "How can you be so sure of that?"

(Y/N) threw her arms up, a tissue falling out of her hands. She leaned over and picked it up, exhaling a shaky breath. "He fucking asked her to the Yule Ball! He wouldn't take her if he didn't like her!"

Ivory sighed, stroking her forehead. "He's just oblivious to the fact that you like him."

"But haven't I made it obvious enough?" She paused, eyes filling with another round of tears as she murmured, "Besides, even if he did know, he would never like a girl like me! I'm rude, and harsh, and I can't even tell him that I like him to his face..."

"Shhhhhh," Ivory whispered. Her eyes twinkled as a plan quickly formed in her mind. (Y/N) glanced at her, knowing the look very well.

She sat up, alert. She looked at her, eyebrows raised. Her eyes reflected her twinkle, and only because she knew she was going to receive help. "Oh sister, what are you thinking?"

Grinning cheekily, her sister replied, "if he doesn't like you, you go to the person who does."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. "What? Who likes me?"

Ivory crossed her arms, scoffing. "Circular glasses, brown hair, blue eyes, has a lightning scar on his forehead, is cute and in Gryffindor? Also known as the golden boy? I can't make it more obvious."

"Fuck no!" (Y/N) yelped, cursing loudly at the thought of going with the golden boy. "I will... I can't, he's Harry Potter! Harry! Draco's enemy!"

"Oh, c'mon, just do it for the sake of making Draco jealous. If he does like you, he would be jealous, and if he doesn't, you have found yourself a fine guy," Ivory grinned mischievously. 

(Y/N) paused, considering the idea. She then laughed, covering her mouth in attempt of stifling it.

"What? I'm helping you, you doofus."

(Y/N) nodded, even though she was still chortling. She took a while before settling on a decision. "Thanks, Ivory. You made me feel better."

Ivory's lips curled into a smile. "Of course. What are sisters for?"

She stood up, a smile replacing her tears. "I'll go find him, then. And I'll tell him I'm saying yes."

"Atta girl."

———

Harry was causally walking between the House tables when he saw (Y/N) approaching him. When she reached him, there was an awkward silence as she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Hi," he spluttered, blushing.

With the same expression, she replied, "hey."

"Do you need anything?" Harry asked, eyes glued to her face. Her y/e/c eyes gazed into his, and for a moment, all the two did were stare into each other's eyes, mesmerised by each other's colour. (Mine are brown, so funny that Harry could ever lose himself in them.)

"No... I just wanted to ask you something. Regarding the Yule ball."

Hope sprung into Harry's face. "So... have you rethought your decision?"

"Yes, I have. I would love to go to the Yule Ball with you... if you haven't found someone new."

Harry smiled broadly at her. "I haven't. This will be brilliant, I promise you, (Y/N)."

Meanwhile, Draco was watching the two have their conversation in pure envy and disgust. What would he want with her? The two were smiling quite a lot, to Draco's dismay. "What does he want with (Y/N)?"

Pansy shrugged. "Haven't you heard? Well, Potter asked her to the Yule Ball a few days ago. She turned him down but no one—as expected— didn't ask her so she probably went to say yes."

He glanced at her with narrowed eyes. "What do you mean 'as expected'?"

She looked at him. "Look, I'm not trying to be rude or something, and I know I'd never say this to her face—she's so terrifying— but she's a bitch. She really is."

Draco flinched. For some reason, this made him angry. "How?"

Pansy sighed, as if (Y/N) was a topic she didn't want to talk about. "She threatens everyone she sees. Maybe she doesn't threaten you, but that's because you don't give her a reason to. I seriously don't get what her problem is."

"How does she threaten you?"

"Like she's going to kick my arse. I wonder what Potter even sees in her."

"Don't talk that bullshit about her," Draco hissed. "Say one more word and I'll tell her myself."

Pansy raised her hands in surrender. "Don't mind me."

Draco stood up when he saw (Y/n) walk away from Harry. Pansy let him go; she kind of understood why he stood up for her.

"What did he want?" He asked when he reached (Y/N).

She turned around and faked a smile. "Oh, it's you. I just said yes to go to the Ball with him."

"But why? That's Potter, not some random guy that I don't hate."

She glared at him, voice laced with the hurt she tried to bottle up. "I said yes because you didn't ask me!" She paused, slightly regretting saying it to him.

Draco cheeks reddened. 

(Y/N) continued. "You're so oblivious to the fact that you're that boy I like! The boy I talk about to you! But all you want is Pansy and her sexy body, don't you? Because she's prettier and more talented than me?"

"(Y/N)—"

"I've been heartbroken far too many times and now, I GIVE UP. You leave me the fuck alone or I'll fucking end your life."

With the threat hanging in the air, (Y/N) whipped on her heel and stormed off.

Draco watched her leave, mouth parted. How could he be so stupid? How could he not realize it?

Everything kept on surprising him.