SongFic: Enchanted

There I was again tonight

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) was a famous witch. She had recently graduated from her years in Ilvermorny and had a party held in her honour. She greeted every single person who walked in, smiling at old friends and professors.

Forcing laughter, faking smiles

She was a very lonely person. Despite the fame and respect, she never had someone who loved her for her. No one hung around her because she was a good person, a good friend; they all kept around due to her fame, due to her name and respect, hoping being there would help them snatch some off.

Same old tired, lonely place

She had been here many times. (Y/N) couldn't call the place home, just a place she knew and has visited more than just a couple of times. A second home of sorts.

Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy

(Y/N) closed her eyes, hoping she'd be able to disappear from the place. She couldn't wait for the party to be over.

"Are you okay?"

Vanished when I saw your face

(Y/N) opened her eyes to see a family of three. The father had long blond hair with blue eyes that held exhaustion and sadness. The mother had black hair but streaks of white hugging her neck. She had a dazzling smile but a tired look in her eyes.

"I'm fine," (Y/N) replied.

Her eyes flitted to their son. He was handsome, with short blond hair and striking blue eyes, that instead held a fresh liveliness and a weird optimism that made (Y/N)'s stomach twist.

All I can say is, it was enchanting to meet you

"We are the Malfoys," the mother said, smile growing. "It's an honour to meet you, (Y/N)."

She nodded her head. "It's a pleasure to meet you too."

She heard about the Malfoys; they were death eaters before the death of the dark lord. Lucius Malfoy had been sent to Azkaban for attempting to murder Harry Potter and his friends. He had escaped when Voldemort had sent an escape team to the prison.

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"

(Y/N)'s y/e/c met his, causing butterflies to fly crazily in her stomach. (Y/N) nodded and excused herself. It was after a while when she noticed him scan the room.

'Cross the room your silhouette

The son glanced at her and slowly approached her.

Starts to make its way to me

(Y/N) steadied herself. What should she do? No one had ever made her feel the way this boy did and she didn't even know him.

Did she?

The playful conversation starts

"Hey," he said quietly. "Pleasant party."

"One I didn't plan."

"That was obvious."

"How?"

"You don't like them."

"How did you know?"

"I guessed."

Counter all your quick remarks

Like passing notes in secrecy

(Y/N) looked at him. He smiled. "I'm Draco," he extended a hand.