Stone Cold (3)

A month flew by, and (Y/N) was only getting better. Laughter came back to her, her normal liveliness shone bright in her eyes and that wonderful smile creeped itself on her lips— that one that wooed boys her age. Her white dress flowed down to her ankles as she sashayed towards Pansy's place, her purse gripped tightly in her hands. Her hair was styled beautifully into a loose braid, allowing strands to stray aside her face. Her lips were coated in a light gloss, eyes bold from eyeliner and slight mascara. She allowed herself a small smile as she knocked on the door.

Pansy opened it and squealed. "Oh my gosh, (Y/N), you look so beautiful!"

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself."

She smiled cheekily. "I invited a special someone for you. But he's not here yet. Come in."

"Don't tell me you invited Harry."

Pansy looked over her shoulder. "What? No, not him."

(Y/N)'s eyebrows knitted. "Then who?"

"You'll see, my (Y/N). Anyways, until he comes," she raised a glass of wine. "Have fun!"

She watched her approach Blaise, laughing against her husband's lips as he kissed her. She felt a pang of jealousy; apart from loving Draco, she never did that. No one loved her.

Sighing, she walked towards Hermione, who looked stunning in her red sparkly dress. She was talking to Ron when (Y/N) interrupted.

"Hello."

"(Y/N)! Thank god you came," Hermione embraced her. "It would be embarrassing for Pansy. She promised everyone you'd be here."

Ron grunted. "Finally realized loving the fool would get you nowhere?"

Hermione slapped his arm. "Ron! You dumbass!"

"No, it's fine," (Y/N) faced him, smiling. "I finally did. I heard you were going to try having a baby?"

His cheeks reddened. "Well... we've tried."

"It was a very messy experience," Hermione shuddered, laughing. "I wish you good luck when you try."

"Try with who, exactly?" (Y/N) joked.

They all laughed.

"This is a huge party," (Y/N) said, shifting from foot to foot. "It feels good to know lots of people care."

"Everyone missed the real you," she explained. "No one likes depressed you."

"Neither did I. I was crazy; I talked to spiders."

Ron yelped. "Spiders? You were crazy! Or are you still?"

"I haven't seen any yet. Perhaps I'd consider having a tarantula as a pet."

He narrowed his eyes. "Perhaps not."

Hermione swallowed. "Look, the special guest will be here any minute. I told Pansy not to invite him but she insisted. I... couldn't stop her."

"What do you mean? Who is this special guest?"

Her friend bit her lip as a knock landed on the door. "Here he is."

When the door opened, the glass in (Y/N)'s hand fell. It shattered against the ground as her heart pounded in her ears.

He was a mess. His blond hair didn't seem to be touched, his blue eyes were tired and red and his suit wasn't much of a suit anymore.

(Y/N) took a step back, almost falling into Ron.

"Welcome, Draco," Pansy said. "I told you to come looking good."