Stone Cold (2)

It had been an awfully long month since Draco's marriage. (Y/N) had lost herself to her depression, and to the vow of never falling in love again. Astoria seemed happy, she truly did. Whenever (Y/N) received a letter, she read it and then ripped it into tiny pieces replicating her heart. The pieces in the bin were coated with blood and hair and tears. Wine bottles kept coming into the house and every day the house got dirtier. Spills remained on the floors, colouring the carpets, rats and spiders moved into the cupboards and the holes in the walls, dust coated the counters and chairs and every so often she'd find a few drug pills lying on the floor. She'd lay down next to them, wrapped in her oldest blanket, sniffling against it as she stared at the ceiling. She'd ignore any doorbells, she closed all the windows and pulled the curtains over them, and she'd occasionally have long conversations with the spiders next to her.

"Do you think it'll be better if I just died," she'd murmur to the Daddy Long Legs climbing onto her nose. She picked it up with her hand and examined it.

"Do you think in another reality he would have chosen me?" She laughed sadly. "Perhaps I'd be the one who broke him instead."

She let the spider drop onto her stomach and move away. (Y/N) groaned, sitting up. She forced herself to the kitchen, to the locked cupboard. She'd usually use her wand but that reminded her of him so she chucked it into another locked drawer. She tugged at it, finding it already unlocked. Inside was the last wine bottle. She grunted as she chugged it all down, taking a long breath as she laid back down, bottle in her arms.

When the last drop fell into her mouth, she threw it to the wall in front of her. She waited for it to smash, to shatter, but it didn't. Confused, she sat up to see Daphne.

She shifted back, frightened.

"Hello, (Y/N)," she said, walking towards her.

"How- how did you get in?"

"I lived here with you once," she replied, eyes locking with hers. "Didn't we have fun?"

(Y/N) grunted. "Get the fuck out of here."

"You don't speak to your sister like that. At least not your twin sister."

"You didn't do anything when I left!" She screamed. "You fucking let her take everything from me!"

"I had no right to interfere," Daphne said calmly.

"You should have. You knew I'd end up like this," (Y/N) tried to stand up and shove past her but Daphne caught her in her arms and squeezed her into an embrace.

"We've all missed you," she murmured. "Please come back."

(Y/N) sobbed into her shoulder. "Just kill me..."

Daphne tutted, kissing her tangled y/h/c hair. "Let's get you cleaned up."

"No.. please, I don't want to live... just kill me..."

The door opened and she saw three more familiar faces.

Pansy, Hermione and Luna all smiled at her sadly.

After a whole night of tidying up, the house looked brand new and so did (Y/N). Her y/e/c eyes weren't red anymore and her y/h/c hair was brushed until it felt like silk. The couch was scrubbed, the floors were mopped, the glass pieces disappeared and so did the guests. (Pansy beat them all with a wooden bat. She nearly puked when she had to pick up the rat's corpse.)

What was better was that (Y/N) felt life return to her heart. Her friends and sister helped her so much... she had to continue life and move on. She shouldn't let her... past disturb her future anymore.

They left the following morning. Pansy handed her an invitation to her party.

"It's a party for you," she said. "First party since everything fell apart. I promise you, you'll enjoy it. It's in a month, so you have a good while to think about it."

(Y/N) already decided she'd go. Perhaps she still was depressed and still wanted to die, but it was a good opportunity to distract herself with. She also chose the same dress she wore to... Draco's wedding, an indication she moved on.

At least, she was trying to.