Like fire and rain

You and Draco couldn't be any more opposite. He was a bully, and you stood up for the victims. He was a coward, while you were the bravest person he knew. He never needed to study, while you would spend hours on a subject, even if you already knew the concept. He was arrogant, all bark and no bite, while you were humble and knew how to throw a punch if indeed a situation like that would present itself.

So why was he so goddamn attractive? Why did your heart flutter whenever he would get face to face? It was wrong. It was silly. You were letting your hormones take control of you, and despite the several times you tried to tell yourself that you were being stupid, the fact that he seemed to return your feelings made it all the worse.

"He's so annoying," you complained, massaging your forehead. Yesterday he had managed to create a polyjuice potion of Hermione, and you had talked to him for the whole time of the spell. You were so grateful you didn't reveal anything. The idiot asked you several questions, from what do you think of Malfoy? to why wouldn't you date him? 

You were smart enough to notice that something was up, but what was wrong? You only found out after the potion wore off, and the blond boy sat next to you, grinning at your shock and anger.

Now, you couldn't help but remain dubious around everyone around you, but it would be quite silly and foolish of him to do the same prank twice in the span of one night. Annoying, right? Clingy too.

"He does it for your attention," Hermione says to you. That's honestly what all your friends said about why he liked to pester you a lot. You two sat down, relaxing against the back of the bench. You were waiting for the other students to arrive.

"Really?" You asked, trying to hide the curve of your lips. Don't start the smiling.

"Don't act dumb," she chuckled. "You know it. Malfoy clearly has a crush on you. It's honestly very silly, since you probably hate him."

You wince slightly at her words. That was... Something you couldn't agree with. You did hate that you didn't hate him, though. "Yeah," you nodded, trying to play it off. You totally didn't reciprocate his feelings. You definitely didn't want to be around him. You certainly wouldn't stare at his face and lay in his arms for as long as you could.

You looked to your side, watching the very boy who had managed to capture your heart sit at his desk. He was already staring at you, a small smirk plastering his lips.

"Hey," Hermione whacked your arm, making you turn your head in her direction. "Don't pay attention to him. He might think you like him back, that dumb twat."

You did your best to follow her words, although it was hard not to sneak a glance every now and then. Sometimes, he would be looking at you, sometimes you would have the chance to admire his side profile. When you were caught in the action, you would cover it up with a sneer and a glare. He already had an ego, one that you didn't want to feed.

He smirked when he caught you looking the second time, his head resting on a fist. His gaze was challenging; he was daring you to break eye contact.

You weren't one to back down from challenges, so you got yourself comfortable and stared back at him, gaze unblinking and unwavering.

After a moment, he sent you a flying kiss. You blinked at that, turning your head away to hide your blush. What in the world? Who knew how nice it felt when Draco Malfoy sent you a flying kiss? While you marveled at the thought, you didn't hear what the professor told the class to do.

"(Y/N)?" Hermione asked, shaking your shoulder. "Are you... Alright? Did you even hear what the teacher asked us to do?"

"Um," you snapped out of your thoughts. "Not really. I'm just...a little tired. Might have almost fell asleep."