An interesting Christmas

(Y/N) was spending Christmas with Harry, Ron and Hermione. The four of them decided to stay back at Hogwarts to have possibly the last peaceful Christmas together. Next year, they would have been a fifth year, something the four of them knew would be tough.

(Y/N) smiled, leaning back against the Gryffindor common room's couch. She exhaled a breath, looking into Harry's eyes as she said, "excited about task one?"

He laughed, shaking his head. "No. I don't even want to think about it."

Hermione pursed her lips, tucking her legs in as she sat next to (Y/N). "Honestly, Harry, this is a terrible situation. Who would someone put your name in the Goblet and why ever for?"

Ron ripped a piece of a liquorice wand and bit into it, not looking at Harry. Apparently the only two who believed that Harry didn't put his own name were (Y/N) and Hermione.

Ron, however... Well, you could say both of them weren't talking.

Hermione glanced at Ron, who was staring at the ground. He awkwardly fidgeted with his hands, not daring to look her in the eye.

(Y/N) scoffed to herself. When boys were mad at eachother... it was peaceful. When girls were mad at each other, oh, (Y/N) could remember the time she and Hermione had a slight argument that ended in them not talking for three days. It wasn't much of a memory, other than that all they shared were casual glances, forced glares and a roll of the eyes if one looked at the other in disgust. It was more of a joke, but (Y/N) didn't want to be the first to own up. It wasn't her fault that Ron has a crush on her.

"Should we.. give out presents?" Hermione suggested, looking at everyone for approval.

(Y/N) nodded while Ron pursed his lips and shrugged. Harry gestured to the presents under the tree and said, "sure, why not?"

Grinning, (Y/N) and Hermione went to the tree and picked up the presents they bought. They positioned themselves into a circle.

"I'll go first," Hermione says. "To get the lane things over with."

"If you're doing it that way, I should go first," Ron replied, chucking wrapped clothing into all of their laps.

"Ugly sweaters?" (Y/N) asked, opening hers. Hers was a nice beige colour with her first name's initial colour black and imprinted in the sweater fancily. It was a warm sweater, and not too ugly. She looked up and saw the others; Ron's was like his first years: maroon and the letter 'R' written in an ugly orange on it. Despite the expression on his face, his eyes were glinting with nostalgia. If she wasn't already taken, she would have definitely fallen for him.

Harry's one was a stinky dark green with the letter 'H' in a mustard yellow. He was smiling and taking his other plain red sweater, replacing it with the ugly one. Hermione's one was bright pink with the letter 'H' in a dark pink. She also replaced her jumper with the sweater. (Y/N) folded hers and hugged it as Hermione passed everyone their wrapped presents.

"(Y/N), open it last," Hermione said, smirking.

Eyebrows knitted, (Y/N) nodded, taking her hands away from the present. Harry tugged at the wrapping and tore it down to see a small version of the Goblet of Fire. He smiled, stroking the front face.

"Thank you."

She giggled. "I have faith you'll win it."

Scoffing, Ron opened his. He opened it to see a...

A book.

They all burst out laughing as Ron held it up. He had the same expression he wore when he was puking slimy slugs into a bucket. Grinning, Hermione snickered, "I'm kidding, that's not what I bought you. I wasn't exactly sure how to buy you something food-related so I... just open the book and you'll see."