High school sweethearts

Draco apparated to the front of the school, taking a minute to admire the school he once used to attend. The bridge, which he remembered as a collapsed mess on the ground, was built anew. Hogwarts had recovered from the dark lord's attacks, and he couldn't be any happier to see it. He had decided to come visit the new headmistress, Minerva McGonagall, and ask her about his son's progress.

He had made sure he raised Scorpius better than his father raised him. He would make sure his son would become an academic superstar, all while remaining inclusive and kind. When Draco used to think about his time at school, all he could properly recall was the long periods of time he had wasted bullying and teasing others. He didn't want his son to walk down the same path as he did and would reprimand him if he ever heard that he indulged in such behaviors. 

But that wasn't the only thing he could remember about his time at Hogwarts. A vibrant image that painted his time at Hogwarts was you.

Your smile, your laugh. Endless nights together cuddling and kissing. You were there for him when no one else was. You were there for him when his own head and heart shunned him. You were there to make sure he stayed alive when the only thing he wanted to do was drop dead. Draco smiled slightly to himself, as he walked closer to the school's entrance. 

He wondered how you were. Did you marry another man? Did you fall in love with someone else? Were you a mother to kids he once thought he would have with you? Did you forget about him, or did you still think about him like he often did about you? He didn't know why you two fell apart. He felt that you two were perfect together. Maybe it was his arranged marriage to Astoria Greengrass, or that you two were only fated to be high school sweethearts.

Draco smiled as he watched the young first years move about the school. He searched the faces to possibly steal a glimpse of his son, hoping he would be as happy as he was in his first year.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall greeted, bowing her head. He respectfully returned the gesture. "It's a delight to see you again. Come, come, let us bring our conversation to my office."

He had contacted the headmistress a few weeks ago, and finally got the approval and appointment time set. He knew there was no issues that Scorpius could bring up, but he still wanted to confirm it. Besides, was it bad that he wanted to see the place he used to call home again?

These hallways felt so different. He couldn't recognise anyone. Friends, foes, rivals, a lover. Standing here without them made him realise how everyone he used to surround himself with moved on. And his head continued to remain in the past. 

In the past with you.

"So, Mr. Malfoy," the headmistress gestured to the seat in front of her desk. He smiled and sat down in front of her, clearing his throat. "What brings you to Hogwarts?"

"How's my son doing?" He asked. "It's his first year, as you would know. I'm curious to know if he's doing alright."

McGonagall chuckled. She was glad Draco had become a caring person. "He's doing quite alright. I requested Professor (Y/L/N) to bring your son over."

(Y/L/N?)

His breath hitched in his throat. (Y/L/N)... could it really be you? Would he really be seeing you after so long?

"Am I in trouble?" The young boy asked you when you retrieved him from one of his classes. He was surprised that you said that the headmistress wanted to talk to him and was afraid that he had messed up and got into trouble. 

You shook your head. "Oh, no, you're not in trouble. The headmistress probably wants to talk to you about your awesome grades."

You couldn't help but feel affection for the young boy following you to Professor McGonagall's office. He looked exactly like him: blue eyes, platinum blonde hair. He almost smiled the same way, like if Draco had come back to you as his eleven-year-old version.