The Scent Of Amortentia

Draco leaned back, head resting against the couch. He was bombarded by Pansy's summary of her day, but he found himself uninterested.

Instead, he found himself amused by her friend, who was blabbering about her own day to Greengrass.

She was a peculiar girl. Very pretty. Had mesmerising y/e/c eyes. Had silky y/h/c hair that he wanted to run his fingers through-

Wait, he did?

Draco huffed at himself. Since the day he was marked, he hadn't been in his right mind. Wanting to run his fingers through his girlfriend's best friend's hair? Impossible.

He was just going psycho from the burdens. Yeah, he needed a way to relieve his stress. But he couldn't just ask Pansy to go to his dorm in the middle of everyone, can he?

"Pansy, let's go," he said, grabbing her wrist. "Let's go to my dorm."

"Oooh," everyone teased, laughing when they saw Draco roll his eyes and sigh, defeated.

(Y/N) laughed, and the sound chilled his bones. It was so strange but was capable of making his lips curl into a soft smile. "He's not taking you to his dorm to do that is he!"

Pansy grinned, blushing. "Well, you know the two of us. A-anyways, we're not going anywhere. He just made a joke, didn't you, Draco?"

Feeling low, he nodded. "Definitely."

(Y/N)'s eyes darkened as he stood up and made an excuse of needing fresh air. She lied that she needed to get something from her dorm and slipped out of the room, following the shuffling sounds of Draco's feet slopping up the stairs.

She watched him slouch over to the Astronomy tower, leaning against the railing as he gazed upwards. She looked up too, seeing the clear sky being scattered by flickering white dots. She didn't make a sound, although Draco still picked up another person's presence.

"I know you're there," he said.

"Yeah, I figured," (Y/N) said. "But you've been so off lately. I know the both of us aren't the best of friends, but you should know that you could come to me if you have anything to say."

He didn't look at her, just kept staring out at the horizon. "I know. But I choose not to."

Ouch, (Y/N) thought. Couldn't have put it in a nicer way, could he?

"You didn't know," she said firmly. "And you're only saying that because you don't want to talk about the death eater issues."

Draco turned around, eyes widening slightly at her knowledge of that. '"What? How do you know about that? Who told you? Did Pansy tell you?"

"No, she didn't," (Y/N) said. "I saw your mark on your arm, and," she rolled her sleeve up. "I have the same issues."

Pansy did tell me, (Y/N) thought to herself. But I don't need to mention that.

"You have a mark too?" He whispered softly.

She has a mark, Draco thought. Remarkable. Well, not really, but perhaps that'll make us communicate more often. Ugh, what am I thinking? I've officially lost it.

"Yeah," she shrugged. "I got it a few months ago. I was actually there when you received yours. I even congratulated you to seem more loyal. I don't think you noticed me due to that rage I saw in your eyes."

Draco looked up, his lowness suddenly fading away. When he looked into (Y/N)'s caring gaze, holding him softly as he wanted to sob away his problems, he had realised a strange feeling bloom in his heart, the very same one he felt when he asked Pansy out. He rejected the feeling, telling himself that he just needed a touch, and to prevent himself from going any further, he walked away, brushing past (Y/N) and picking up her perfume. It smelt like flowers, roses.