A Good reputation but a fear of her

His nose was swollen. Who knew that filthy mudblood had a hard punch? He would have preferred to be hexed than punched, though, because spells would have gotten the muggle-born expelled; or at least suspended. He was planning a revenge plot when Riddle stormed into the common room, muttering unintelligible words.

"Where have you been?" She snapped, sitting on the couch in front of him. Watching her, he leaned back, grimacing at the next few words he would have to say.

"I got myself punched," Draco uttered, tapping the ice bag softly on his nose.

"By who?" The disinterest on her face made him reluctant to tell. She would kill him knowing that a mudblood punched him.

"Granger."

Riddle raised her eyebrows, asking, "Granger?"

"Granger."

She rolled her eyes. "Wow, really impressive," she said sarcastically.

Draco hissed in pain when the ice-bag touched his nose. He held it lightly against, not wanting it to hurt. She watched him, eyebrows creased.

What the hell? She thought.

After a moment of silence, annoyance spread over Riddle's expression.

"Give me that," she snapped, snatching the ice-bag from him. She bent down in front of Draco, and pushed the bag of ice firmly against his nose. He yelped in pain, but that only caused her to push it against his nose firmer.

"You've got to leave it there," she said. "Or it won't heal."

He couldn't really understand her. Sometimes, she was such a scary person, even capable of harm, and sometimes, she was a softie, kind and caring.

He didn't know what to feel about her; either to like her, or to fear her. But who could blame him?

She was a Riddle.

"I can't believe you got yourself beat up by a muggle born," she muttered under her breath. "She doesn't seem too bad."

"Believe me," Draco replied. "She's unbearable."

Riddle scoffed, adjusting her position. "She seems... nice. Unlike some people I know."

He decided to ignore her last statement. "Nice? Has something gotten inside your head?"

"Hold it there," she replied, ignoring him. "I might as well go."

"Wait," he blurted, grabbing her wrist. She looked over her shoulder, and raised an eyebrow.

"Stay," Draco murmured. "Just stay."

So she did.

After a little while of silence, Draco tried to catch her eye. She avoided looking at him, knowing he was trying to grab her attention.

"I was wondering..." he started. "That you could do a favor?"

(Y/N)- Riddle hmmed and Draco cleared his throat.

"Could you pass along a message to Daphne to meet me at the astronomy tower? When she gets back to you, tell Pansy the same."

(Y/N) laughed, letting the ice-bag drop into his lap. "You're asking me to get myself involved within your girlfriend shit?"

Draco reddened. "I just find Pansy intriguing. Daphne seems to have lost her touch."

"What do you mean "has lost her touch"? I assume you've never had..."

Draco blushed. "Of course not. That is not... it's not on my mind right now."

"Well then, don't come to me if you want to hide your baby." (Y/N) smiled cheekily.

He tensed. Did she really think he was looking for a serious relationship? He didn't care for Daphne— not even Pansy. He just wanted someone to play with; someone who would help remove his worries. He would do it forever if he had to. All he was wishing for was that he'd find someone who he needs and who understands him, inside out.

"I'm kidding," (Y/N) said flatly. "That was a joke. You're thirteen for goodness sake."

He nodded, even though he didn't really hear what she had said.

"Are you scared of me?" She asked softly.

He snapped at that. He looked at her, confused. Did he make that obvious? Or perhaps— perhaps what he did at quidditch revealed it.

"You don't smile, or smirk or anything. You keep away from me and whenever- whenever I try to talk to you, you barely say anything."

He didn't respond. He didn't know what to say.

She sighed. "If you want me to stay away from you, spill it. It's not my fault you see me as a typical Riddle."

I'm not like him, (Y/N) thought.

"I—" How could Draco make her think he never feared her? If she found out... damn, his reputation would slowly slip into the dumps. He was a Malfoy! He would never be scared of anyone! He was a superior.

"Yeah, I am afraid of you," blurted out of his mouth instead.

(Y/N) stands up. "Yeah, thanks."

"But I'm not anymore."

Gosh, he kept on tumbling out stupid comments.

She glanced at him. "Really? Seems like you forced that out. Do you think I bite? Or do you think I kill people for a living?"

"I thought about it one time. But you're not like that and excuse me for being so stupid for not realizing it. I want to be your friend."

And he wasn't lying. He truly wanted to be her friend; and besides, whenever he needed help, she could come aid him. He knew she was a capable witch.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes. "I definitely believe that. I'll go pass your dumb message. Bye."

Draco watched her leave, lips parted.

Damn, in her eyes, he already had lost his reputation.