"Don't tell your sister." (2)

You sat down, feeling overwhelmed. Lust, desire, sadness, prejudice, hatred, love. Astoria and Daphne were planning for the surprise, but you didn't want to take part in it. Why should you?

"(Y/N)," Astoria said, taking your hand. "If it wasn't too much to ask, would you mind helping me set up the decorations? You've got a superb sense of style, and I would really appreciate your help!"

You should help because she's your sister. And regardless of what she's taken from you, it's not like she knows what she's done. It's not like anyone knows. And maybe, if you can't be happy with him, someone else should.

Why not?

"Sure," you agreed. It could be another excuse to stick around Draco for a moment longer. "When are you planning to do it?"

"This weekend," she said. "Daphne's got the convincing our parents to come over again in control. Draco," her hand caressed his arm. He looked at you, but you didn't give him your attention. "He can convince his parents to plan another dinner. In the meantime, you and I will set it up!"

You nodded slowly. "I see." Honestly, now thinking about it, how difficult would it be? You could set aside your feelings for a little bit, and enjoy talking and spending time with your wonderful sister. You might even tell her that she would be a wonderful thief, for no specific reason.

"Then it's settled!"

———

A week later, and you were at the Malfoy Manor again. Using the excuse that you didn't spend enough time with Astoria and wanted to catch up with her, the Malfoy parents happily invited you into their mansion.

Today, you weren't wearing anything fancy. Simple jeans and a shirt; you didn't want to try for such an occasion.

"You didn't have to say yes," Draco pointed out the moment he opened the door. He was feeling the same. He didn't want to celebrate this. "You could have made an excuse not to help. You're just... Celebrating something that should have happened to you."

You shrugged. "It's fine. She's my sister. I want to help her." Want was an overstatement, but you really did feel like you should help her. As her older sister and all.

He didn't seem to believe you fully, but he didn't argue.

Astoria welcomed you with a kiss on the cheek and a warm embrace. Draco left the room to entertain his parents and convince them to set up another dinner.

"So I've got a lot of stuff for it," she said, lifting up a plastic bag stuffed with materials. You peeked inside and saw several colours, all for different stuff. Banners, stickers, balloon packs, paper strips and other arts and crafts things that could make the setup look amazing. "Where should we start?"

You took some time to think about it.

"I was thinking we could do a green theme," Astoria started. "I don't mind the colour, and Draco loves it."

You shook your head. "Green's not his favourite colour," you blurted before you had the chance to act oblivious. Draco, in spite of the obvious colours, was quite fond of the colour white. White reminded him of winter, which was his favourite season. He liked the snow. Beautiful, yet cold enough to sting the bone. You had to admit that he did look beautiful, when in the snow. He screamed winter.

Astoria gawked at you, trying to hide the bewilderment she felt. "Oh? So what is, then?"

"White," you replied confidently. "I remember him mentioning it once. I don't know if that has changed or not."