SongFic: Fake a smile

You and I, up all night

(Y/N) was wide awake. Even in her sleep, Voldemort's face haunted her. Her hands trembled by her side as she sat up, tears wetting her cheeks as she saw Draco asleep on the couch in front of her. She watched him snore lightly, his chest move up and down as he inhaled and exhaled. His blond hair was messily hanging over his closed eyes, and her heart clenched when she recognised the fact that he was more at peace asleep then wide awake.

Nothing's wrong, nothing's right

She raised a hand and wiped her eye, feeling the tear sit on her index finger as she sniffled. She looked around the room; it was still as dark as it was in the morning, with the corners hidden in pitch black darkness, and the white wall in front of her glimmering in the dim moonlight peeking through the curtains. (Y/N)'s world was terrible. She hated it and she knew he did too,

I swear these walls are upside down

She never gave too much thought to what her life could have been if God gave her mercy. Thinking about that made her head hurt too much and that was never a good sign. She bit her lip before, as quietly as she could, stood up and tip-toed towards the room's door. Her hand grasped the door knob when she looked over her shoulder.

Asleep.

Swear the roof is on the ground

She twisted the knob, unlocking the door. When she pushed it open, it creaked loudly, as if it were a sign that the world would never be on her side.

Demons don't sleep at night

(Y/N) glanced over her shoulder and saw Draco sitting up. His blue eyes met hers as he stood up.

Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh

"(Y/N), why are you awake?"

I try to turn off my mind

"Oh, I was just lost in my thoughts..."

His hand cupped her cheek, staring into her y/e/c eyes. "Are you okay?"

Say I'm doing just fine

"I'm fine, Draco. Do I not look fine?"

But I'm screaming inside like (oh-oh-oh-oh)

His eyes narrowed, letting his hand fall from her cheek. "Really?"

Say these words on repeat

While I'm trying to breathe

Now you're counting on me

So I fake a smile

(Y/N) plastered on a smile, forcing a laugh out. "Trust me, I'm okay."

But I know you know me too well

Draco nodded, disbelief in his eyes but the acceptance showed through his expression. "I think we should go back to sleep."

"Yeah, so do I."

He took a step back, knowing that everyone was wrong and that (Y/N) was such a bad liar.

But it's alright

When (Y/N) laid down on her bed, she found sleeping hard. She knew Draco knew, and she knew that not telling him was a sign of distrust.

But some burdens shared do not lighten the weight.

You're like heaven when I'm in hell

Draco looked over at his love, watched her chest rise and fall in rhythm to her breathing. It was his fault she was here, he had to admit.