Caught Redhanded

A crack formed in the wall. Everyone whipped on their heels, gazing at the wall as a brick falls loose. (Y/N) glanced at Harry, who gripped on his wand tighter. He was just about to start ordering everyone to make haste and leave the room of requirement when the wall collided. It revealed the sneering faces of Umbridge's squad.

Uh oh.

(Y/N) pursed her lips when her boyfriend, Draco, glanced at her with his eyebrows raised. He scanned her face before looking away with pain. She lowered her gaze as Umbridge smirked. Cho Chang was standing with them, guilty, but (Y/N) didn't really care about that. What she cared about was what would happen to the rest of them.

As Umbridge led the group to her office, Draco found it amusing to continuously shove (Y/N) forward. She bit her lip to conceal a shriek of frustration when he stepped on her heel. She looked over her shoulder and saw him smirk evilly at himself.

Umbridge had Harry sit in front of her. "So we've finally found you," she said. "Pathetic."

Draco's grip tightened around her arm. She resisted and attempted to shake his hands off, but he chuckled deeply and whispered in her ear, "where do you think you're going, darling?"

She growled, and to her dismay, his chuckles only deepened.

"You're the only pathetic one here," Harry hissed. "You and your gang."

Umbridge giggled. "Inform me, Harry. Where is Dumbledore's weapon? Where is he hiding it?"

"There is no weapon," he said truthfully.

Umbridge slapped him. "Liar!"

(Y/N) felt Draco twitch. She tapped his thigh, something that triggered him. When he looked at her, (Y/N) was smirking at herself.

His grip tightened even more. She returned her attention to Harry.

"I'm not lying," he replied, clearly stunned.

Umbridge took out her wand. "Perhaps a little sting will make you speak."

Harry scoffed, eyes darkening. "Won't Fudge fire you?"

She cackled, turning around. She ducked Fudge's frame and said, "what he doesn't know won't hurt him. Now tell me."

"I've told you, there is no weapon!"

"Cru—"

"I know where the weapon is!" (Y/N) croaked out.

Everyone looked at her. Hermione seemed like she had a better idea. She shook her head and replied, "no she doesn't. She's lying. I know where the true weapon is."

(Y/N) frowned at her. What?

Umbridge grinned slightly. "Oh, (Y/N), I expected better from you."

"But I'm not—"

"You won't break down that easily," she interrupted. "And I know mudbloods like your friend Granger do."

Hermione looked hurt but she cleared her throat and gestured to the door. When Harry, Umbridge and Hermione left, Draco leaned his mouth to (Y/N)'s ear.

"Nice try, but you won't leave that easily."

"Says you, Draco. I can slip away from you as easily as I can say my own name."

"Your own name? I don't hear your own name slipping out of your mouth when we spend nights together," he said evilly.

"Don't be an arrogant ass," she replied. She dug a nail into his arm and he jumped, grip loosening. "After all, you know you're wrong."

Draco shut up after realizing the two had an audience. He sneered at Ron and Ginny, who both were completely disgusted by the flirts.

"Your friends are absolutely ridiculous," he murmured to (Y/N). "Especially since they made you join them."

"I joined them myself," she said matter of factly.

He pfted. "Idiotic."

She crossed her arms. "You're idiotic."

"No."

"Yes. Shut up."

"You shut up. You're the one who was caught red-handed!"

"Uh, do I look like I care!" She made an indifferent expression before adding, "I was doing a good deed while all you do is bad!"

"Bad, eh?" He wrapped his arms around her waist. "Are you saying I'm bad?"

Rolling her eyes, she answered, "not the time, Draco."

"It's always the time."

(Y/N) glanced at Ginny, who was staring at the ground. A plan was shimmering in her eyes, and when she looked up, the plan had begun unravelling.

"Oh, (Y/N), I thought you were dating Harry," she said innocently. "Honestly, he's so much better for you than this idiot."

Behind her, she felt her boyfriend growl.

"Bloody hell, Ginny," Ron muttered. "He might as well as kill you."

"I'm just telling the truth. And I'm sure (Y/N) agrees."

Draco let loose of (Y/N). He walked over to Ginny, who held his gaze. His wand sunk into her chin. "Bullshit."

"At least it caught your attention," she smiled as her hand slipped into his pocket. She grabbed all the wands and threw them to their owners. Draco felt surprise run through him when he admitted that the girl most definitely did just outsmart him.

Ron elbowed Crabbe in his ribs as he caught his wand.

Draco looked back at (Y/N) and saw her at the door. "Come on!" She yelled.

Stealing the opportunity, everyone fled. They retreated out of the room until it was only (Y/N) and the squad.

He sighed in irritation. Crabbe and Goyle were getting ready to grab (Y/N) but he raised a hand.

"Let her go," he said softly. "What are we gonna do with her anyways?"

(Y/N) quickly walked towards him, threw her arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. She then moved her mouth to his ear and whispered, "one baby step at a time."

When she pulled away, Draco smiled at her, head tilted. "One baby step?"

Walking backwards, she nodded. "Don't agree? Prove it."

She then spun on her heel and ran after her friends.