SongFic: True Love

There was a party held in Slytherin's common room. Pansy insisted, and her logic was that everyone would go crazy knowing there would be two parties on the same night. (Y/N) thought that was rubbish, saying that everyone would need to rest after all that dancing but in the end, Pansy's idea won and there everyone was, going crazy and drunk in the common room.

And (Y/N) stood on the couch, dancing to the music. Draco was next to her, grinning widely as (Y/N) raised a hand. "Y'all want a song!" She yelled.

"Yes!" Everyone answered, hyped.

She directed her left ear towards them. "I can't hear you!"

She saw people cup their mouths and reply, "YES!"

Music started playing. It was soft melodies, but to the Slytherins' surprise...

"Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say," (Y/N) started, wand raised to her lips. Everyone glanced at each other, some in recognition, some in surprise. Smirking, she faced Draco, who was watching her face with his lips parted. Eyebrows raised, he urged her to continue.

"Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face, whoa, oh, oh," she added, grinning. Everyone laughed, to Draco's dismay.

"T—"

Draco put a finger to her lips and opened his mouth. Everyone oohed.

"There's no one quite like you, you push all my buttons down," he said for her, his own wand at his lips. Eyes twinkling, he added sharply, "I know life would suck without you, whoa, oh, oh."

(Y/N) smirked, dancing to beat as she continued. "At the same time, I wanna hug you."

"I wanna wrap my hands around your neck," Draco said.

"You're an asshole," She sang. Everyone cracked a smile as she paused. Draco's eyebrows raised, knowing the next few words. When (Y/N) didn't say anything, Draco picked up the beat, slightly hurt. Maybe she just forgot the line.

"But I love you," Draco sang. Everyone cheered when he said it. No.

(Y/N) was giggling when Draco realized she sang it with him.

"And you make me so mad, I ask myself," Draco said. "Why I'm still here, or where could I go?"

"You're the only love I've ever known," (Y/N) murmured, a little quietly.

The only love I only want, she wanted to add but it wasn't a part of the lyrics.

"But I hate you, I really hate you," The pair sang in unison.

"So much I think it must be true love, true love!"

(Y/N) directed her wand to the crowd. "Sing it for me!"

"It must be true love!" The Slytherins sang, some yelling it. At the back, Daphne was nodding at (Y/N), secretly asking her to pass the wand to her. Agreeing, she nudged Draco and gestured to Blaise. He smiled, something that made (Y/N) want to melt.

"Nothin' else can break my heart like true love, true love," everyone continued. "It must be true love, no one else can break my heart like you. Whoa oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, Whoa oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh."

(Y/N) threw her wand high in her friend's direction and with one hand, Daphne caught it. Draco did the same and Blaise caught it. Whistles flew in the air, and so did 'ohs' and 'ahs'.

"Just once try to wrap your little brain around my feelings," Daphne started, making her way through the crowd. She joined her friend on the couch and raised a hand as she continued. "Just once please try no to be so mean, whoa, oh, oh."

Blaise's voice then echoed around the room. "Repeat after me now R-O-M-A-N-C-E-E-E! Come on, I'll say it slowly!"

"Romance!" The crowd sang.

"You can do it babe," Blaise said, looking at Daphne lovingly. She smiled back and then looked at the crowd.

"Catch, Pansy!"

Pansy caught it and sang, "At the same time, I wanna hug you."

She threw it to Theodore Nott. Grinning, he sang, "I wanna wrap my hands around your neck."

He passed it to Crabbe. "You're an asshole but I love you."

Who passed it to Goyle. "And you make me so mad, I ask myself."

Goyle threw the wand back to (Y/N), who picked it up from there. "Why I'm still here, or where could I go?"

Blaise returned the wand to Draco. "You're the only love I've ever known."

"But I hate you, I really hate you," (Y/N) said. "So much I think it must be."

"True love, true love, it must be true love, nothin' else can break my heart like, true love, true love, It must be true love," everyone sang. "No one else can break my heart like you. Whoa oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, Whoa oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh."

"Think it must be love (I love you,)" (Y/N) sang.

"I think it must be love (I love you,)" Draco added.

"Why do you rub me up the wrong way?" Daphne sang.

"Why do you say the things that you say?" Blaise added.

"Sometimes I wonder how we ever came to be," (Y/N) said. Honestly, she could relate to that.

"But without you I'm incomplete," Draco said, wiping her doubt away.

"I think it must be true love, it must be true love, it must be true love, nothin' else can break my heart like true love, true love, it must be true love, no one else can break my heart like you," the Slytherins sang.

"Whoa oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Whoa oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

No one else can break my heart like you

Whoa oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

No one else can break my heart like you." (Y/N) and Draco finished.

Draco wrapped his arms around (Y/N)'s waist, pulled her close to him and pressed a passionate kiss on her lips. Everyone cheered. When they pulled apart, they were breathless.

"Finally done are we?"

Everyone went silent. They looked over at the entrance and saw Snape standing there.

"I would hand out detentions, but it would be devilish of me to send good singers to clean a classroom."