Chapter 3: (Name), how cunning can you be? || Quirk Apprehension Test

You don't want to disappoint your family, especially your parents, so you will try your best to score high in the eight physical tests.

"The kid who ranks last... gets expelled... This is are first day here!! But even if it weren't... That's just too unreasonable!!" The brown-haired girl exclaimed.

'Float girl has a point, but...' You listened to what your teacher had to say.

"Natural disasters... Massive accident... Ego-mad villains... All kinds of calamities can happen when we least expect them. Japan's now positively drenched in 'unreasonable.' and it's our job as heroes to reverse it all, and restore reason. If you were counting on a friendly chat at the local Mcdonald's after school, that's too bad. From now on, for the next three years all you can expect in your life at UA is one hardship after the next. This is 'Plus Ultra' I expect you to overcome these trials and climb to the top. Now then, that was the demonstration. Time to step up to the plate." Your teacher, Aizawa, finished his sermon.

You saw that all of your classmates became motivated after listening to what your teacher had said, so it also makes you want to work harder.

"Thank you for your TED talk, Sensei! very inspiring! It boosts my morale to the highest level." You expressed your gratitude.

"I don't know if that's sincere or sarcasm, Nakai, but I'll take it." Your teacher replied to you. You just gave him a big smile.

The trial has begun. The first test was the fifty-meter dash. You thanked yourself for working out on occasion. You can't really depend all the time on your quirk.

You saw Iida went first. He won against the frog girl.

Next was the float girl. The pink-haired girl won against her and the guy who you thought seemed to be a walking sparkler.

When it was your turn, you looked at your opponents. They were Midoriya and Bakugou. As you heard the gunshot that serves as the signal burst shot, you remembered the days when you joined marathons. You ran as fast as you could. You took longer and stronger strides, kept your head straight and your eyes forward, and you remained focused on the goal. At the end, Bakugou was the one who won. You just placed second, but you were okay with it. It took you 6.5 seconds to reach the finish line. It's not bad. You were proud of it.

The next test was grip strength. It looked like the efforts you made to lift the big rock during the practical exam paid off well, as it did not only save a girl but maybe it also helped to improve your grip strength. Your grip force was exactly 95.0 kg.

Then, you also did surprisingly well in the standing long jump, repeated side steps, distance run, seated toe-touch, and sit-ups.

Finally, it was the ball throw. You wondered if you were going to use your quirk. You never used it in previous tests.

You were amazed when Uraraka, who you just learned her name, got to infinity distance in the ball throw.

"Infinity!!? Holy cow!! She got an 'infinity'!!!" The boy with red hair stared at Uraraka.

"Sugee!! Uraraka!" You praised her and you clapped your hand repeatedly.

"Nakai, it's your turn now." Aizawa looked at you.

You scratched the back of your head as you went towards the circle.

You thought about the idea of how Captain America makes his shield bounce perfectly. You liked how he was like some sort of geometry wizard who could calculate the perfect shot instantly in a split second.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with trying." You mumbled.

You turned around and created an elastic force-field barrier a little farther in front of you. Instead of throwing the ball directly to the sky, you will try to throw it into the elastic barrier you made and then make it bounce back into the sky.