Chapter 18: (Name) vs. Iida, then Todoroki || Final Event: One-on-One Fight PT4

After the arena was fixed from the previous battle, the next match was able to continue. You were just casually leaning inside the tunnel, waiting for Present Mic to annunciate the match.

"Okay! Let's proceed to the next match! The President of Class 1-A, Iida Tenya!!! Versus! Oh?! His No. 1 supporter! Also from class 1-A, Nakai (Name)!!!" Present Mic stated as the two of you moved towards the arena.

"Start!!" Midnight commenced the match.

"Hey, President! Check this out!" You said while grining.

You molded your force-field into a disc-shaped shield and threw it into the sky, and after a few seconds, it came back in your direction, which you caught with your one hand.

"Oh?! Nakai has new tricks in her hands!!" Present Mic stated.

"How is that even possible, Nakai!?" Iida asked, scrunching his eyebrows as he was surprised and confused at the same time.

"I don't know, either! Ask the author!" you replied while shrugging.

"What!?"

"I'm going to start my experiment on you, President. I'm sorry, but you're my guinea pig for now." you stated as you checked your shield.

"First, Hatsume. Now, you!? Why do girls always take me for a fool!?" Iida exclaimed.

You and Iida started the fight and rushed into each other. As you were near Iida, you threw your shield with full force. Unfortunately, it didn't hit him.

"Awww!! Nakai missed the target!!!" Present Mic broadcasted.

"Nakai! This isn't the time to play around!! What's with that shield anyway!? Throwing a shield away is the dumbest thing someone could do in a fight!!" Iida yelled.

"I know, right!?" you jested as you looked to your side.

"Recipro burst!" Iida held both of your shoulders and tried to push you out of bounds.

The shield you threw almost hit the other audience, but you created a barrier to protect them, which will also serve as a wall where the shield would hit and bounce back to where the two of you were.

"Oohhh!! Wait! It's coming back!!!" Present Mic exclaimed.

"President!? Are you forgetting something?! My shield can turn back just like a boome--" you stopped talking when you saw the shield go back and hit Iida's neck from behind. Then it bounced back again, and you caught it with your hand.

Iida suddenly stopped pushing you. His gaze was on the ground, so you couldn't see his face. You then slowly walk backward away from him. As you got out of his hold, his body abruptly fell to the ground.

"Uhh..." You were out of words because this was not going the way you planned.

"Nakai doesn't stay on the defense side!! She created a way to make his quirk also be useful for offense!!!" Present Mic stated.

"Iida is paralyzed! Nakai proceeds to the third round!!" Midnight declared after she checked on Iida, who lay on the ground.

As the crowd cheered, you contemplated as you were supposed to let the shield hit Iida and make him just fall on the ground, but what happened was that he fell to the ground and was unable to move as your shield hit his cervical spine, causing him to be paralyzed. It was plainly beginner's luck.

"Damn! I intended the battle to last a long time! But it was finished in an instant!" you said as you slouched your body while walking back to the stands.