Chapter 17: (Name) in the stands again || Final Event: One-on-One Fight PT3

When you went back to the stands, another match was already being held. It was your friend Kirishima and a guy from class 1-B; you heard his name was Tetsutetsu. While in the corner of your eyes, you saw the two dolts already wearing their cheerleader outfits.

"Looking good, you two!" You teased them while you were walking to your seat.

"Nakai, make sure you give us what you have promised after this!" Mineta said while holding his pom poms.

"Of course, of course..." you responded while making an "ok" hand gesture.

"They're funny, (N/N)! Especially Kaminari!" Jirou stated, laughing at the two dolts as you sat down beside her.

You witnessed Tetsutetsu and Kirishima trading blows with each other. The fight went on until they both simultaneously knocked each other out.

"The matchup of nearly identical quirks. Tetsutetsu vs. Kirishima!! It was full-on close-quarters punch-up!! But who is the victor?" Present Mic broadcasted.

They're both down, Midnight declared, and the fight concludes as a tie. She made a decision to hold an arm-wrestling match to decide who the winner is between the two after the final match of the first round.

"Next match is that match... the match that's bound to be the most upsetting." you heard Asui say.

"I feel like I might look away the entire time." Jirou replied, hugging herself.

"C'mon, you two! Have faith in Uraraka's capabilities!" You spoke up to them.

"You're very optimistic, aren't you, (Name)-chan?" Asui responded.

"Why wouldn't I?" you proudly said.

"Classic (N/N)." Jirou stated.

Your eyes then shifted to Yaoyorozu, who was silently seated next to you and seemingly enthralled in music while wearing the headphones you'd put on her. As you observed, her demeanor altered and her facial expression differed from when you had previously seen her. Currently, she was smiling.

'I guess it works,' you thought, and that put a smile on your face.

"It's the last match of the first round... The boy who's been somewhat famous since middle school!! But that face ain't the face of a kid on the straight and narrow! Bakugou Katsuki of the Department of Heroics!! Vs... The kid I'll be rooting for!! Uraraka Ochako, of Heroics as well!" Present Mic announced.

"Go, Uraraka! Kick that guy's ass! Try sending him to outer space!" you yelled from the stands.

"Just like what you did to the softball! Hahahaha!!" Jirou joined you, chuckling as she remembered what happened during the quirk apprehension test.

"Hey! Nakai!! I can hear your loud ass from here!!!" Bakugou roared from the arena.

"What was the counter-strategy you came up with for her against Bakugou?" you heard Iida ask Midoriya.

"Oh, that! It's really not all that brilliant or anything... It's just, Kacchan is undeniably strong...! And in close-quarters brawl, he's got almost no openings to speak of. And if you factor the mobility his quirk gives him, he's even stronger. That being said, while it's true he has maneuverability in midair as well... If she can cause him to float, she can gain the initiative from there. So that's why... she need to strike fast!!" you heard Midoriya speak up as you watched Uraraka, who started to charge towards Bakugou.

"If by some slip he gets tapped, he'll start floating, so he won't want her to draw close! So if Kacchan is thinking what I think he's thinking..." Midoriya added.