17: Camping Night

That night when the students and teacher were sitting around the bonfire, devouring their food as though they hadn't eaten anything for eternity, Arina can't help but keep staring at Chimon Ryo with an anxious set of eyes.

He was almost as fat and big as Butaro, and Arina shivered at how she imagined them running out of food and having to eventually kill and eat this guy's flesh as he was most likely the target in everyone's eyes.

"Don't worry, Chimon-kun. I will protect you," she said suddenly, to which the fat guy delivered a confused gaze to her.

"What?"

"Stop eating, Chimon-kun. You need to lose some weight."

"Look at the evil bitch now have nothing to do but body shame others."

Maeda now grinned derisively at Arina from the opposite spot, gesturing her palm up. But she quickly got rid of that attitude as soon as Asano lectured her to not cause any more drama.

"Oh, Maeda-san! I didn't mean to insult anyone," said Arina in sorrow, a hand on her heart, as Asano glanced at her with a look of 'get over it!'.

Despite things will not going to turn out well, Arina reckoned she might see it as a challenge to stay optimistic all the time. While everyone was busy eating, she was busy imagining all the nice and lovely things they will experience with each other (and tried to eliminate all the possible bad things that might occur to them).

In her imagination, the students and Mr. Inoue were all cavemen, as well as her, as though they had time-traveled back to the Stone Age. Sitting around a bonfire, they'd eat the meat that they hunted, drink the water that they got from the river and boil it. Instead of the P.E uniforms that they were wearing, Arina replaced them with shaggy animal hides. Each one carried a sharpened stick as their weapon; except for her, she was the only one to possess a proper spear.

'Wait, wouldn't a bow be easier to use?', thought Arina, as she made up her mind and kindly switched everyone's sharpened stick to a spear and hers to a bow.

Mr. Inoue -- the unofficial leader of the cavemen band -- was barely shaved as his beard had grown to a point that it got dipped into the bowl of soup he was eating. But for some reason, he turned a blind eye to it as he ate his own beard, which was a unique way to shave them.

Asano Gakushuu -- the official leader of the cavemen band -- had sacrificed his right arm for his comrades so they could have this fulfilled meal. He had fought a sabertooth today with bare hands. But actually, the only thing he did was snap his fingers and the sabertooth had already surrendered to his big aura of superiority. However, due to his compassion, Asano cried at that poor sabertooth's fate and obliged it by letting it eats his arm first, then waited for it to get full and fall asleep so he could kill it in a less heartbreaking way (with tears streaming down his sorrowful face of course, moaning over the sabertooth's death). But what could Asano do? He got more than ten loving comrades to take care of.

Hori Sayaka was such a badass that she was the first person in history to tame a wild wolf and called it her pet. That wolf had helped a lot in the recent hunts and everyone in the band appreciated it a lot. Despite her stomach rumbling, she still cared for it more than herself as she shared more than three-quarters of the sabertooth's meat with the wolf. It was howling in delight.

Arina smiled at their bond and again questioned why general Fedorov had gone so stupid that he dared to dislike dogs.

Back to imagining, Kibe Hideki -- too tall for an average caveman -- was grilling the sabertooth's meat for his wife -- Maeda Maki -- as she was too useless to do anything herself besides repeatedly whooping monkey sounds.