40: You Had My Heart, Arina Avenira

The Junior High Figure Skating Championships this year 2015 was held in an indoor arena in Tokyo city. There were twenty-five schools participated in this event, and Kunugigaoka Junior High was one of them. This particular competition will consist of three medal events: boy's singles, girl's singles, and pairs.

After the boy's singles on day one and day two, during which, Kunugigaoka Junior High School didn't even get into the top three, the next days were the girl's singles in turn.

Despite their earlier defeat, the next day Asano still arrived at the arena to greet his friends, which in this case were Hidaka Mami, her coach, and the other famous coaches. His minions, like usual, trailed behind him.

Mami secretly had a crush on Asano ever since her first encounter with him. He had strategically talked her to change schools to his but despite all that, Mami still had no choice but to refuse.

"So-Sorry, Asano-kun, but I'm afraid enrolling in your school would take away my time to practice for my career. It's too intense there," was often her response.

Perhaps that was the reason why his school always lose in terms of this sport since they were too academic-focused and there was definitely no ice rink in the school's facility in order for the students to train. And those who were good were those who train daily and had to sacrifice a lot of study hours for that.

The Big Five hadn't seen Arina for the last couple of days and they all suspected something was off but couldn't do anything about it. Seo had ringed the bell to her home multiple times but still, there was no response whatsoever, including the calls and texts from him and the rest.

Out of all students from Kunugigaoka Junior High, only a few attended to see the competition. For class 2-A, the Big Five was there, and so were Okamoto Akeboshi, Torii Hidetoshi, Fujii Hiroyuki, Yano Takaaki (he was there for the girls only lol), and the K-squad trio. The rest? they all forgot there was even this competition.

And so began the girl's singles short programs. Ozawa Miku was hyper-nervous when she learned from the start list that she had to perform right AFTER Hidaka Mami, and add to that, she was suffering from a back injury and had to endure the chairman's pressure on her. What a nightmare, right?

The Big Five went ahead and claimed the seat behind the judges to see the performances in the front. They divided the twenty-five skaters into five groups for warm-up first. And each time there was the announcement of the skater's name and representative school, to which, you know, nobody cheered for Ozawa Miku representing Kunugigaoka Junior High when it was her turn to be called.

Hidaka Mami, on the other hand, received the loudest applause when ['Hidaka Mami, representing Nanakuni Junior High'] was announced to the audience.

Seo Tomoya bit his thumb in bitterness for his school, whilst Asano was still trying to find a way in his head to convince Mami to change schools. Koyama was trying to memorize all the competitors' names and their schools. Teppei was holding back his instinct to comment on the competition. Meanwhile, Ren was viewing the announcement as a selection for the future girl he wanted to hit on.

Finally, after the warm-up, it was time for the real thing. Hidaka Mami was competitor number twenty-two and the anxious Miku was number twenty-three. At least she got to perform later than the rest.

All the girls' performances before Hidaka Mami were boring, however. The International Skating Union just allowed lyrics to play during skating competitions a year ago and it seemed like they were all overused it. Thus, the beauty and classic style of figure skating was overall destroyed. There was even one girl who skated to AKB58's song.

"Seriously!?" commented Seo. It was too boring that Teppei was half asleep by that time.

But when it was Hidaka Mami's turn, the other boys nudged him to wake up in case he'll miss in the main thing in this competition.