72: The Beauty of Our Home

A/n: this pic is from my illustration lol

"Avenira-san, open your eyes."

Arina didn't dare to. Although feeling the air pressure and knowing she was uncomfortably ten thousand feet above the land and could be killed any moment, she started screaming. A wild, shrill, 'AAAAAaaAaaAAAHHH!' resounded in the sky as some folks glanced upward to make sure their ears didn't deceive them.

Poor Arina began hyperventilating, her heart thumped against her ribs, as though it was to jump out at any moment.

There was truly no way out now. There was no way one could escape death given this situation. Without knowing what to do, she burst out crying.

"O-oh, Asano-kun," cried Arina mournfully. Taking her hands out of the monster's cloak, she buried her face in it. It was such a pity to never be able to meet him again. Although at the same time it was such a blessing to have met him in the first place.

"Nyu? Asano-kun? Is that the board chairman's son?" Koro-sensei curiously eyed down and asked.

"Oh yes, he is ever the loveliest person in the world," answered Arina, sobbing. "Why, you do know him?"

"Nyurufufufu, it's impossible to not heard of the student who constantly ranked himself top one national mock exam as an educational enthusiast," said Koro-sensei eagerly. "You like him — don't you?"

"Why, I HATE that guy!" replied Arina after a while, with that a forced 'Hmpf!'. 'How clever I am!' she praised herself, otherwise this monster will possibly seek out and capture her loved ones as hostages for its conspiracy. It was a possibility after all.

Koro-sensei only kept his elated discovery to himself, his beady eyes smiling as he blushed, planning to start a romance novel based on their story.

At the same time, he took extreme care to keep his student from harm by whipping the wind and sound using his tentacles in addition to his head deflecting them. If only Arina was braver she would've seen it and judged him less. Shutting her eyes and ducking her head, cowering inside his cloak, all this girl could think about at the moment was her crush. Oh, the possibility of a tragic romance was soaring. Goodbye! Dearest Asano, this Arina will voluntarily seek you in the next life for she was the most romantic human being on earth. She was supposed to live a life of a lovebird!

At last, the wind speed had seemingly slowed down, and finally came to a stop. The creature landed on the ground and reached his tentacles inside the cloak to pull his student out.

Her fight-or-flight instinct activated, before Koro-sensei could do it, legs quicker than mind she slipped out of his cloak and sloppily fled away to his 'Nyu?'

Keeping her head behind to check on the distance between her and the monster, a tree appeared in front of Arina as the third Newton's law of motion brutally sent her flying backward when bumping into it and dropping on the wet ground.

A pathetic, mother-tongued 'Ack!' resounded from her mouth.

Koro-sensei rushed and helped his beloved student up and redid her hair in under a second. "Be careful, Avenira-san!! Don't panic but always keep your mind clear before heading for action!!"

"Oh, one can not be so if there is no such thing as a giant yellow octopus in this world," said Arina wanly. She sprang up and intended to flee again when her consciousness of the surroundings finally caught up to her...

A moment of pure disbelief.