57: In Memoriam of Arina Avenira

"This is Arina Avenira, and you're currently watching me tying my skates -- interesting, indeed," said Arina, as she said, bending down and tying her skates.

"I also look fabulous when I walk," as she walked in the direction of the ice rink.

"This is not the end. I'm too overpowered to the point I can jump quads with my hair down," as she suffered a minor back injury from the attempt.

"Xenia Petrosyan is such a lovely woman. I will forever remember her as a benefactor," Arina proceeded while she was getting berated by the woman.

With all those efforts in communicating with the audience, Arina didn't realize they merely filmed that part for the intro of the interview and what came out of her mouth was all muted.

Question: What is figure skating to you?

"It's such a feminine-looking sport. If someone ever told me to compete in other traditional sports internationally I would never. It's not a bit nice to not be feminine as aesthetics is very much an important aspect of my everyday life. And the feeling of flying while the world is cheering for you, oh...fly, fly away like a little bird..." she said dreamily while gazing through the window of the car into the blissful sky.

Question: What do you want to achieve in figure skating?

"For me, it's important to be the first," from then she suddenly became more serious, and ablaze with passion. "Winning is first place. Anything else is losing!"

The car reached its destination and Arina threw the car's door open and got out. "I've always had this dream to myself ever since I was a child. I wanted to be first at something in the world, so I tried complicated jumps to achieve it and I'm heart glad that I did. For now what I hope for is to be able to jump all kinds of quads -- that's such a nice thought, and addictive to imagine. Isn't it delightful to be a dreamer? Dreamers do change the world!"

Question: You inspired many girls in your team to train for quads, what if one day they all caught up with you?

"Then I would just do quints!" proclaimed Arina passionately.

Question: Are you looking forward to your first time competing internationally?

"I definitely am, and behold! The world will be stunned by this soon-to-be fourteen years old prodigy!" Arina's confidence was incomparable, as she entered the fitness center.

Question: How much do you train in the gym?

"Two times every day. There's always a coach at the training camp. Usually Garold Dyamin and Lenin Ilyin very rarely," she started out with stretching before going into other training.

Question: Who is more fun to train with?

"Xenia Petrosyan," Arina smiled and formed a heart with her hands, being a total fan of Petrosyan's harsh training load. The interviewers sweatdropped as to why.

Question: What is your favorite method of training?

"Competing for sure!" said the competitive girl, demonstrating Axel jumps on land. "We had a competition of who will jump more single Axel on land, and the last time I had a record of either fifty or sixty so I automatically won. The boys on my team don't get along with me so I guess it has something to do with it -- come! I will show you more jumps!"

There she demonstrated more than just Axels.

"It's quite different on the floor. Axel, Salchow, and Toeloop are lighter than on the ice, while Lutz and Flip are almost impossible on land."

Question: Can you jump better than your coaches? ;))

Arina froze for a moment upon this question, then burst out a laugh and replied with 'Not. Yet!' The camera filmed her while planking and proceeded with her other routines.