18: The Beginning of the Awaited Hell Days

The next morning Sakura woke up to find out that Arina wasn't laying next to her. 'Where has she gone?' Sakura thought while rubbing her eyes.

Just then, Enoki's head suddenly barged inside her tent which caused her to yelp and jolted at the same time.

"Alright! Maeda is a wicked bitch. I know that! Leave me alone, Enoki-kun!"

"Asano-kun told me to wake you up, but I guess it's not needed now," said Enoki gloomily, and left as Sakura sighed in relief.

Grabbing her toothpaste and toothbrush, she left the tent behind to find out that Asano had gathered nearly everyone together and was in the process of rearranging the group members since he was quick to realize how inefficient the former groups were.

"There you are, Hanazono-san. Where is Arina?"

Sakura had everyone's attention while Asano was looking desperate, demanding an answer to a question she didn't even know, to which Sakura timidly replied, "Well, I dunno."

Asano's face went serious, Sakura could tell that he was contemplating something in his mind. A punishment perhaps?

It was as though Arina happened to sense the trouble from afar, she appeared just right on time as Sakura sighed in relief for her friend.

Happily wandering out from the forest with a flower in her hand, another hand clutching a bag filled with wild plants, Arina sniffed the flower and sauntered toward the now murderous-looking Asano.

"Oh, how lovely nature is," she chirped, boldly waving the flower in front of Asano's dark facial expression. The students (except for Maeda) stood there worrying about her fate.

"I have an idea, Asano-kun! How about we adopt the cavemen lifestyle? You know, hunting and stuff. After all, that's what we homo sapiens are supposed to live, isn't it? What a brilliant idea to time travel back to the original time and to connect with nature," said Arina dreamily.

"Where did you go!?" snapped Asano angrily, but unfortunately, that dreamy girl hadn't snapped out of her reverie yet.

"Ah, as a member of your cavemen band, I figured I shall do something useful for my leader and my comrades," she beamed, showing Asano the bag with edible wild plants inside.

With that said, Asano somehow eased his temper, although he was still mad at her. Taking the bag away from her hand, he immediately criticized, "It's wrong for you to go anywhere without asking your leader for permission first. Next time, remember to do so, understood?"

"Yes, leader! I understood!" she said eagerly. Since Arina had been so used to the hierarchy system, staying obedient wasn't a problem for her, as long as she still loved and respected her leader.

Hearing so, Asano got rid of his temper and told Arina to go back to where she was supposed to be -- the group of minions -- as he announced the rearrangement.

Maeda and Arina got their places swapped with each other; therefore, group one now consisted of Chimon Ryo, Hanazono Sakura, Hori Sayaka, and Maeda Maki while group two with Kibe Hideki, Enoki Osuke, Kanie Sato, and Arina Avenira.

Kanie and Kibe mumbled 'yes!' under their breath, as Sakura and Enoki mumbled 'noo!', and surprisingly, Arina wasn't satisfied either, though, she was brave enough to speak her mind.

"Oh, Asano-kun, could you be kind enough to place me in the same group as Maeda-san?"

"Huh!?" Maeda raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Why with me!?"

"Oh, Maeda-san, it's endearing to think about how your hater could become your loving friend someday," said Arina dreamily, grabbing Maeda's hands, who was looking irritated more than ever. "It's quite romantic when you think about it enough as I would do anything -- anything to turn it into a reality. Don't you also think the same way? (Maeda violently yanked her hands out, though it had no impact on Arina whatsoever) If you do, I suppose we are some kind of kindred spirits. Even though I've met way too many kindred spirits in my life, I wouldn't dare to take one of them lightly. I appreciate--"