75: An Accident During a Trip to Kyoto

"Congratulations! You went bankrupt!" announced Nakamura to wide-eyed Arina. Everyone else laughed but Kurahashi was the only one to send her a good luck on the next turn.

"It can't be blamed that I'm too unlucky sometimes!" mourned Arina bitterly, as she watched the dices Maehara just threw tumbling on the board as it was his turn. "Oh, well, perhaps it's a good thing. There are not many people who can deal with bankruptcy as easily as I do! I will simply just take the easy route and marry myself into wealth right after this. I will go then — I can see that potential in— I mean, I will go marry a multibillionaire and win this game effortlessly. I'm sure he's just somewhere nearby."

But she did not go find and marry a multibillionaire right after the announcement. Instead, she came back to sit next to Kataoka Megu who was still losing herself deep in the assassination discussion with mainly Isogai Yuma.

'Oh, I'm so hoping they won't be stressed out by the world being blown up too much,' Arina low-key intertwined her hands.

"Oh, you're here. Would you care to join us for a discussion?" Isogai snapped out of his diligent mode at last and offered with a wide grin, full of enthusiasm in Arina's point of view, as she let out a little gasp of admiration.

"Oh, I can never come up with any innovative idea at all, what a pity," she mourned, then immediately clasped her hands in excitement. "But, Isogai-kun! Why is that then? I have such a good imagination yet I don't think it's equipped to plan to kill somebody, let alone an octopus monster! You, on the other hand, have that sort of imagination — fascinating! I will sit here and listen to yours and Takaoka-san's plan, Isogai-kun. I'm very much eager to! If you ever succeed I will make sure to tell the media how you came to arrive at your ideas — what remarkable things inspired you, in detail!"

Surely after learning the truth about Koro-sensei, Arina had lost all desire to attempt an assassination on him. The reason her days in class 3-E were still beating with thrills was because of the idea of how the students were going to put an end to the conflict, as if a movie, as Arina thought — a movie about a group of students attempting murder on their octopus teacher — how fascinating!

She sat gazing dreamily at the prospect of teenage students coming up with a plan to kill a literal monster who threatened to destroy the world. Sometimes she would feel like chiming in, but chose not to interrupt their great effort. She got up to her feet and reached out for her tote bag on the rack above the seat to fetch her homemade cookies and distributed them to each student, including the teachers and Koro-sensei who just got inside the train in a human disguise.

"Oh, I'll come, too!"

Okuda Manami's voice caught Arina's attention as she whirled around to see the girls in Nagisa's group heading for the other compartment. Passing through them, were Ryuuki, Butaro, and Goku. Their eyes met for a few seconds before Arina happily waved at them but quickly dropped her hand when she was hit upon by the state of their broken relationship and almost broke into sensitive tears.

"Are you alright, Arina?" Yada noticed the stiffness in her body language and leaned out of the seat to ask.

"Alright? Oh, alright — I'm pretty much alright most of the time, but, my, Yada-san," anyone could see Arina was desperate to try and hold her tears back.

She marched over to the table and flopped herself down before Yada and slammed her head to the table — nevermind the ladylike image she forgot to present on the verge of grief for a once bosom relationship between a Big Sis and her dearest comrade brothers — she buried her face in her arms and whined, "Butaro is no longer chubby anymore! I saw it — his belly shrunk by an inch! It shall never escape my sight! What a horrible sight! If I were still his Big Sis I would have already stuffed him with these cookies! That's the one thing so awful about being loathed by your loved ones!"