41: To Live a Meaningful Life

Right after being shown her score, without going on the podium, Arina was immediately carried away to the hospital to operate stitches on her head and chin. Her wound on the midriff and left thigh was also put into consideration.

But on the other hand, the prize for Arina's hard work and suffering was way more than what she expected. Teppei uploaded the video he filmed when the incident occurred and the netizens went wild for admiring this young girl. And it was the perfect cherry on top of her history-made movement in figure skating sport.

She was only thirteen, and already jumped a quad -- an element that not many men in the field can do it. And she achieved all of these in just a month! How insane was that?

Her name didn't only reach out to Japan now but to the entire world at this point. You might think Alexei will freak out about this, but no. It was all a part of his evil plan for the future. Arina was so popular for being the first woman to jump a full rotation quad and her incident on ice that she appeared in countless magazines and news.

'The strong girl who despite her poor body condition still aimed for high-valued jumps and succeeded' was Arina's persona now. But the thing was her quad wasn't officially recognized due to her not jumping it in the ISU competition just yet.

Lying in the hospital this time wasn't the same as when she had to in Normady. 'It felt so warmer here' as you could read it from Arina's expression. Here she had frequent visitors and the nurses were so much ever friendlier to her than the nurses in her home country. But there was something Arina didn't feel satisfied with.

"I'm wondering how Kasuga Ken is feeling about me getting hurt. Oh, I'm such an attention seeker, I know, Asano-kun. I'm feeling guilty that I've already imagined him feeling so sorry for me that he was off to go buy flowers and gift them to me but then I refused to receive them because I ought to act like I don't pay a mind to him so he would want me more. You know, when a girl acts like she doesn't care the guys often think they must win them over at all costs. At least that was all from my personal observation. But then, I'm afraid that I don't really love Kasuga at all. Oh, what a monster I had become to turn into my Father. I only think I'm in love with Kasuga Ken because he attracted me in a biological way. See -- I only ever wanted him to worry about and chase after me and that's a very selfish thought I ever had! 'Mind you, Arina! You are such a bad girl,' you can tell me so and I will not shy away from admitting it," mourned Arina apologetically to Asano, who was relieved for her understanding of the term 'love'.

Out of everyone, he was the one to visit her the most. Asano constantly showed up with her favorite food and drinks. Not to mention, flowers, after hearing her ridiculous imagination. There were moments of hesitation about whether he should confront Arina about her identity or not but reckoned he shall leave her to rest and recover from her injury before going into it.

Arina, though, was oblivious to Asano's newest feeling for her. She thought it was natural for him to be so, considering she had always claimed him as a close friend and supposed the same thing for him thinking about her that way.

"My oh my, Asano-kun! Is this for me? Oh, I shall ALWAYS cherish you, dear Asano-kun! What would you want to eat after I've recovered? Steak? Pasta?" asked Arina delightfully after Asano had bought her the newest eyebrow pencil from her favorite brand as a present.

"Whatever you make, I want that," he replied with a slight smirk.

"Bu-bu-but, Asano-kun! Are you sure? The last time I used melted ice cream for your steak sauce you spat it out!" said Arina wide-eyed in stunned bewilderment. "Isn't it a pity that you are no fan of spontaneous? Then one must be asked exactly what they like to eat."

But love was blind and so was Asano's taste sense. Right now he had fallen in love with her to the point that suddenly ice cream sauce on steak didn't sound that disgusting anymore.