37. 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝟓

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: on the night you get married, eddie lays out his life and the truth, and you exchange vows.

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: allusions to smut, mentions of abuse (talking about eddie's dad/childhood), lots of angst in this one y'all

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1d607e44e5f2ebd1466a0d2f72d65312/ff7b8427b14b229a-56/s540x810/e0de39eb576eef835076f97de9ab06b5217e63d5.gif

Waking up in the motel bed with Eddie was sublime

Waking up in the motel bed with Eddie was sublime. It was easy to wake up next to him, and you watched Eddie sleep for a few moments, his hair nestled on the pillow messily. He looked beautiful, so unjaded and sweet, his thick eyelashes resting on his cheeks as he snored lightly.

You shifted closer to him and rested your head on his bare chest, and your fiancé shifted slightly. Fiancé. The title hadn't stopped sounding so lovely. All night, you had whispered it into each other's mouths, and it tasted the same as it did the first time. Eddie had made proper love to you during the night, filling you and pleasing you, and you had scratched up his back and left hickies on his neck that would take days to disappear. But you were his and he was yours; nothing mattered to you but that.

The sun baked the bed as you held Eddie close, and he gave a quiet grunt as he woke up. Eddie blearily blinked, squeezing his eyes as he turned onto his side to face you, and he finally opened those dark eyes of his to gaze at you. "'Morning," he whispered, his voice wrecked and craggly, and you smiled at him. Even the sound of his voice in the morning was enough to make your heart burst.

"Good morning," you whispered back, and his strong arm draped over your waist and tugged you close into his body. His meaty thigh split your legs open and he pressed you right against his warm skin, and he buried a kiss in your hair. "How did you sleep?"

Eddie groaned and sniffed for a moment, contemplating his answer, and he finally said, "Once I fell asleep, I was fine. But someone kept me up really late." He smiled at you, slow and sleepy, and you buried your face in his chest as you laughed.

"Sorry," you whispered, and Eddie's arm slung around you and held you close, which you didn't think was possible.

"Don't be sorry," Eddie told you. "Making love to my fiancée is a very welcome distraction."