40. 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠: eddie munson x fem!reader

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: you're not exactly a girly-girl, but, after corroded coffin is booked to play prom, you decide to surprise your best friend with a dress and a confession.

𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐬: tomboy!reader, a LOT of fluff, brief blood mention

https://64.media.tumblr.com/343cb88580d5a3c2b29cbe9be2db6a42/a177acc2abc300f7-a9/s1280x1920/1fa064001eb3e0b47e90a04f7f9ea6a94f667fd0.gif

You didn't usually give much thought to dances or school functions, or really school at all

You didn't usually give much thought to dances or school functions, or really school at all. All of the events, be it homecoming or the Snowflake Ball or that weird assembly about saying no to drugs, were a complete snooze fest. Even prom irked you. Who would actually want to hang around the gymnasium and drink flat punch for hours and listen to whatever crappy band was hired out for the night? The concept of it never struck any flame inside you, so you never cared about it.

Until this prom. Until Corroded Coffin.

"How the fuck," you started, tossing a crumb at Eddie as he strutted proudly around the lunch table. "Did you manage to get Higgins to hire your sorry-ass band to play prom?"

"I can be persuasive!" Eddie returned quickly, dodging your crumb with a smile. "Anyway, I also told him that it would motivate me in my schoolwork."

"How would that..." you began with a roll of your eyes. "Never mind, I don't wanna know how you smooth-talked that away. So, you've got your Saturday booked up. What happened to renting Halloween, like we talked about?"

"We can still do that," Eddie told you quickly. "Prom officially ends at 11, then I've got the rest of the night for my favorite girl."

Your heart swept up into your throat as he passed behind you, his hand lightly trailing your shoulder. You and Eddie had been through thick and thin since meeting, way back in preschool, and he loved you like you were his sister. You, however, had something festering in your heart.

It had happened back years ago, despite the awful buzzed hairstyle that he had rocked all through junior high. Somewhere between seventh and eighth grade, you had developed a huge crush on your best friend, one that had consumed every second of every day. And now, your last year of high school (and Eddie's third senior year), your crush had managed to dull down to less all-consuming and more... Loving.