73- snow on the beach

Songfic with snow on the beach from midnights

Idk the more I listen to the album the more I can envision Hanmu shit.

I wrote this a long time ago and it's been sitting here so—

Published first on ao3

===

One night a few moons ago
I saw flecks of what could've been lights

Shit.

That one expletive crosses Kangmu's mind as he looks at the young woman sitting across from him, laughing at a bad joke he'd just made. She isn't dressed particularly fancily, but when he'd seen her for the first time that night, his breath had caught in his chest.

But it might have just been you
Passing by unbeknownst to me

Her hair, darker than the night sky outside, falls just past her shoulders, curled into light waves. The deep aurora-borealis-green of her off-shoulder top tucked into black jeans angles the golden light of the diner perfectly around her frame. Her alluring eyes are scrunched in amusement, and she's barely wearing any makeup. She doesn't need to, with a face that naturally beautiful.

Life is emotionally abusive
And time can't stop me quite like you did

This is their third date. And it's when Kangmu realizes something.

He's fallen in love with Jang Hanna.

And my flight was awful, thanks for asking
I'm unglued, thanks to you

It happened so fast and unexpectedly. He'd met her through her father, a wealthy statesman with ties to the ANSP, of which Kangmu has been an agent ever since his own father was killed. She'd been attending one of her father's press conferences, and Kangmu had been assigned to escort her.

It was only supposed to be a one-time thing. He didn't think he'd ever see her again after that. But there was something about her that hooked him and drew him in towards her. And, a couple weeks later, when he'd coincidentally run into her at the library, he'd asked her out.

And it's like snow at the beach
Weird but fucking beautiful

It was a long shot she'd even say yes, but she did, and things had spiraled from there. Kangmu hadn't originally been looking for a committed relationship, but as he spent more time with her, he found it hard to not be committed to her.

And that's when he realizes he's in love with her— when he doesn't think he can let her go.

Flying in a dream, stars by the pocketful
You wanting me tonight feels impossible

Hanna sets her glass of water down onto the table and leans towards him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Uh... like what?"

She smirks. "I don't know... just the way you were looking at me."

But it's coming down, no sound, it's all around
Like snow on the beach

He raises an eyebrow. "Am I not supposed to look at you?"

"Anniyo, not that," she struggles for the next part of her sentence. "What were you thinking about?"

Kangmu's cheeks heat up, but he hopes she isn't able to tell.

"Oh, you know... just things."

Hanna grins playfully. "Do those things happen to involve me?"