27- someone else part 2

Continued. Get ready for some DrAmAaAaaaA

Lmao why am I like this send help 🥺

===

She'd done it. Jang Hanna had pushed and shoved her way into finally joining Lee Kangmu's team to catch a Northern spy codenamed Taedong River 1. There was still a lot of intelligence to figure out, including his real name and age, but they had a lead in one Professor Han I-seop.

"Here," Hanna extended a manila folder to Kangmu, containing all the information she could scrounge up on Han I-seop. As he took it, their hands brushed for a split second, but it was enough for him to notice the silver ring on her finger.

Kangmu immediately knew it wasn't the same ring he'd given her six years ago. He forced his expression to remain cool and calm, but his mind was anything but as he flipped through the papers, Hanna still next to him. They were the only ones in the room.

She watched him intently, looking for any emotion in his eyes. Reading him had been so easy for her back in the day, but now it was harder. It was like he'd put up an iron curtain in front of his emotions, blocking her from seeing them.

Kangmu ignored her, even though he was hypersensitive to every movement and breath that she made. He closed the folder and put it down on the table along with all the other papers relating to Taedong River 1. Hanna waited for him to say something, but he didn't. She shook her head to herself and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Kangmu ran a hand through his hair and sat down in an uncomfortable folding chair.

"Babo-ya," he mumbled to himself. "Of course she's moved on. It's been six years. You're too late to get her back now."

Hanna stared at the door as she heard his voice. She'd stopped herself right after she'd closed the door, resolving to just go back in there and demand an explanation, but he'd started talking before she could work up the courage. She heard every word muttered by him.

Jen-jang... what do I do now?

She turned away from the door and hurried away, careful not to let her footsteps be audible behind her.

There was a pay phone right down the block from the toy factory/ANSP headquarters. Hanna ran down to it, inserting a couple coins and dialing a familiar number. She didn't want to risk using the phone inside the office, in case someone could hear her.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Taein oppa," she said, still a bit breathless from running. "How soon can you meet me here?"

===

The old white car pulled up in the factory parking lot ten minutes later. Hanna was waiting for it, leaning on the concrete wall of the building. Taein got out as she came over to him.

"So... what happened?" He asked, keeping an eye on the door in case anyone could see them.

Little did he know, someone was watching them from the top floor of the building. Lee Kangmu had pulled back the blinds in his small private office a few minutes before to let the sunlight in, and Taein's car, which looked nothing like the black ones the ANSP used, had caught his eye as it parked. He stood and leaned against the windowsill, watching Hanna go to meet the man who stepped out. It wasn't easy to make out all the details from so far away, but the man seemed familiar to Kangmu somehow. He ran through his mental list of all his and Hanna's shared old friends and acquaintances that he could remember, and one name stuck out that matched the face of the man below in the parking lot with his ex-fiancée.