~ 1 ~

Annabeth

Hi I'm Annabeth Chase. I'm 17 years old and I live in San Francisco, California. I used to live in New York before I had to move. I have a best friend in New York. His name is Percy Jackson. He has sea green eyes, messy raven hair, strong, and cute. Unlike me. If anyone were to describe me, they'd say I'm a ugly nerd, who only cares about her education. And I actually agree with them. So how did we meet? 

You see my mother died when I was 2, and when I was 7, my dad declared that he was going to marry another woman. I was furious, so I ran away. I stayed in an ally way where it was dark and dirty so no one would see me. But then Percy found me. Well not found. He had also ran away from home, so we accidentally met. And from then on we were best friends. We told each other everything. Except there was one thing I've never told him or anyone for that matter. I had a crush on Percy since I was 12, but I just never had the gut to tell him and I was destroyed when he told me a few months ago, that he had a girlfriend. 

I had never met her, but I did know that her name Destiny and she was a couple months younger than Percy. 

I zoned out of my thoughts as I heard my iPad ring. I grabbed it and saw it was Percy calling me on Skype. I fixed my mess of what I call hair and answered the call. I saw Percy and a girl sitting next to him. She looked about my age, she had brown hair and blue eyes. This was Percy's girlfriend.

I plastered a fake smile on my face. 

"Hey Annie," Percy said with a smile on his face. I roll my eyes at the nickname that I have told him several times not to use. 

"Hey Percy! Who's this?" I asked, faking to be excited and the girl waved and smiled. 

"I'm Destiny, Percy's girlfriend. You must be Annabeth, Percy's told me about you," she introduced. Now I could see why she was Percy's girlfriend. She was pretty and nice, unlike me. 

"Nice to meet you," I say. 

"Destiny came over to my house and since you haven't met her, I thought that now was the time to introduce the two of you," Percy explained. 

"So, what has Percy said about me? All good I hope," I say, she giggles. 

"Don't worry. It's all good. He talks about you almost everyday, he would never shut up!" We all laughed at that but her tone sounded more like she was annoyed than she was actually joking. 

"Hey babe, do you think you could get me some water?" she asked, and Percy nodded. 

"Thanks," she pulled him in for a kiss on the lips, something I wish I hadn't seen. It just made me think of the chances of me getting together with Percy are decreasing every second. I wish I could throw up, that very second. Eventually, Percy broke it off and left the room to get her some water. When he left the room, Destiny had a straight face. 

"Look, I just want to clarify something with you. I know he's your friend and that kind of shit but he's mine. And don't even think about taking him away from me, because he would never fall for a ugly person like you." and then before I could say a word she hang up on me. Looks like Destiny wasn't sweet, she was a devil. But she was right. Percy would never be with me. Never in a million years. But I just buried all the rude insults she gave me and moved on with my life. 

I played a few games on my iPad before Helen (my stepmother) called me down for dinner. Helen was an okay step mother. But she never could replace my real mom. Once I finished my plate of spaghetti and meatballs I hid myself in my room once again.

I grabbed one of my favorite books of all time and started rereading it. Soon it was 10 pm and I quickly changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth and went to bed. 

Hey guys! This is my second fanfic and I have another one if you haven't checked it out, please do that! I just want to say that I don't want any rude comments, just keep that in mind. Their might be a bit of foul language in this story. 

I'll be updating at 15 reads and 3 votes! Bye