~ 11 ~

Annabeth 

These few days have been terrifying, or at least for Percy at least. I've been worried about him and I really don't want anything to happen to him. 

Today Sally and Paul were leaving the hospital today and I couldn't believe that it had been 1 week already. Percy hadn't gotten anymore notes or letters after school. I still had nightmares about the shooting. The fact that the group of people had harmed over 200 kids only to be a warning for Percy. Whatever that meant. I hated when I couldn't figure out things, it drove me crazy. 

Percy

I helped my mom get out of the hospital bed. Over the past week mom's leg had gotten much better, so know she didn't need crutches. We saw Tyson, Paul, and Stella across the hall, waiting for us. We all walked out of the hospital and went to my car. Then I started driving home. Once we arrived Stella and Tyson went to there bedrooms while 

"Thank you honey," she said taking it from my hand and taking a small sip from it. 

"It's good to be back here," mom commented.

"It's good for you to be back mom. And you to Paul," he chuckled. 

"So how are you doing with what happened at on Monday?"  I had told Paul about what happened on Monday and he knew I didn't like talking about it. 

"Fine," truth is I'm not fine. Sometimes during the day I get flashbacks, I'm back in school, huddled under my desk, wrapped in a ball, glass breaking and gunshots noises filling the whole school, and I was hoping and praying that everything was going to be okay that the whole thing would be over soon. 

All my friends were coming over to my house, don't know why but they invited their selves over. 

_ Dam Time Skip _

When I heard the doorbell ring I opened it and saw all my friends at the door. They came inside and said hi to my mom and several "Glad you're feeling better" filled the room. We all went upstairs to my room, leaving the door wide open. 

"So what should we do?" I ask. 

"Truth or dare!" Piper suggested "If you want to play raise your hand." Everybody except me, Annabeth, and Nico. 

"Majority rules. Who's first?" Leo raised his hand yelling "ME! ME!" 

"Fine." he smirked, looking at everybody and then his eyes laid on Jason. 

"Jason truth or dare?" Jason shrugged. 

"What's the worst that can happen? Dare," just looking at Leo's face he knew he chose the wrong thing. 

"I dare you to go outside, run around the entire block yelling "I'm an idiot!" and you have to yell it the entire time," Jason's face was priceless, but he still got up muttering a "I hate you Valdez." We followed Jason downstairs and he started running around yelling "I'm an idiot!" 

We immediately got our phones out and started recording him. Once he came back his face was red and he stuck up the middle finger to all of us. But we were all dying of laughter. We went back inside, still laughing. My mom looked at us in confusion but we couldn't say anything. Jason sat on the ground in anger, his arms across his chest. 

"Shut up guys. Percy truth or dare." Of course he would he would ask me. 

"Truth?" I heard Thalia mutter under breath "wimp." I rolled my eyes. 

"Are you and Annabeth secretly dating?" 

"No. Why would you think that?" I say my face red. I glanced at Annabeth's and hers was red too.

"You guys are always being secretive, that's all," Piper said. 

"We aren't dating. Now Nico truth or dare." 

"Dare." 

"I dare you to call your crush and set up a date for next Saturday," his eyes widened and he took off his jacket. I rolled my eyes, of course he would find a way out of it. 

"Wait you can take off a piece of clothing if you don't want to do the dare?" Jason asked. We all nodded. "So I embarrassed myself when I couldn't have?" we all nodded again, snickering.

"Annabeth truth or dare," Nico said. 

"Dare?" 

"I dare you to sit on Percy's lap until we leave," our faces turned tomato but she still sat on my lap. My heart was now racing and my face was still red. 

"So uhm Hazel truth or dare?" just as Hazel was about to speak my mom came in the room with a plate of blue cookies. She set it on the ground, looking at me and Annabeth. 

"You know what? I'm not even going to ask," before she left the room she gave me one last cheesy smile. Everyone greedily took a cookie and Annabeth handed me one which I gobbled in one bite. 

_ Dam Time Skip _ 

After everyone left me and Annabeth went for a walk. We walked all the way to central park where we sat at a bench. I swung my legs under the bench like a little kid. 

"Wise girl?"

"Yes seaweed brain?"

"Can anything I say or do ever break up our friendship?" she looked at in confusion. 

"Depends," yup. I'm an idiot. I'm going to tell Annabeth that I like her. I hate it when I spend another day knowing she doesn't know how I really feel about her. So if this goes the right way I'll be so happy I might explode or I lose my best friend and just embarrass myself. 

"I hate it when I go another day without you knowing how I really feel about you and I'm so desperate to tell you." her face scrunched up in confusion. 

"What are you talking about seaweed brain?" I took a deep breath. It was now or never. 

"Annabeth I like you. And not just as a friend. I mean more than that and I really hope you feel the same way." My heart was racing. And she wasn't talking. She was silent and I didn't know if that was a good sign or a bad sign. 

"Annabeth. Please talk to me." 

"I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." and with that she got up and left. This sucked. But I can't say I didn't expect it. It was one way or another. But I stupid for doing that. She just broke up with Luke, her first boyfriend. Her heart would have to heal to move to someone else and it looked like she wasn't ready yet. I had brought this on myself.  I sat there kicking rocks and wondering how 3 words could actually ruin a 9 year friendship. 

Hey cupcakes! Welcome to another chapter This was a pretty long one! I'll be updating at 190 views and 33 votes!