~ 17 ~

Annabeth

For the past few days we would wake up have stale bread and a cup of water, hold the weight of the sky, maybe get tortured a second time, and then go to sleep. Luke and Damaesen had come up with a plan and they said the plan was going to happen tomorrow. They said they had back up plans in case this one didn't work.

"We're going to get out of here," I whisper to Percy.

"Yeah we are. We are so close to the end," I nodded, kissing his forehead.

"This will all be over soon."

I woke up more giddy than usual. Today we were getting out of here. A bit after we had our daily stale bread and glass of water, we stayed preparing.

"Annabeth, I'm giving you two weapons. A gun and a dagger. And Percy, Damaesen found an old weapon of your dads. He called it riptide. And Bob I'm giving you two guns," Luke gave us our weapons and Percy looked at his sword in amazement.

"I'll treasure it forever," he said, still in astonishment.

"All right. We go now." Luke started the escape, Damaesen in the back. We ran down the halls trying to make little noise as possible. But soon we heard an alarm blare through the whole place.

"Shit," Luke cursed under his breath "all right we're going with plan B. Follow me." Several figures appeared, pointing there guns and some had bows and arrows with them. Those who had bows and arrows started shooting. I pointed my gun at some figures and pulled the trigger. I watched in horror as the bullet hit him, blood spilling, and he fell back, not moving at all. I killed a human being.

We dodged all the arrows coming at us and continued running. We reached a chained elevator.

"What happens now?" I ask Luke.

"Percy can you cut those chains?" Percy nodded and started cutting them with Riptide. "Someone needs to hold this button for 12 minutes," Luke said. I looked at him in horror.

"So one of us is saying behind?!" I shriek.

"Actually two. The button needs to be held for 12 minutes exactly and there has to be someone on defense."

"I'll do it." Percy said.

"No. I should. You all have long lives to fulfill and i'd rather die knowing that I saved and protected innocent people." Tears brimmed my eyes.

"I'll do it too," Damaesen offered. I looked at the two guys running up to them and hugging them, kissing them on there cheeks.

"Say hello to the sun and stars for me," Bob says and I nod, a tear falling down my cheek.

"You're a hero," Percy said, giving them a bro hug.

"I will not forget about you guys. But you need to hurry, they're coming," we gave them both another hug and stepped into the elevator and just as it closed, he gave me a wink. As the elevator kept going up I sat in the corner curled up into a ball and started sobbing. Percy came to me wrapping his arms around me. I hate that I couldn't fulfill my promise to Bob. He had wanted to escape so badly, and I let him down

"They'll die as heroes Annabeth. The only thing we can do know is pray and thank them." I sobbed into Percy's chest as Luke say awkwardly in the corner.

"Percy, I killed people. I took away peoples lives. I'm a murder." He shook his head.

"No. No you are not. Everything we just did back there was self defense. We wouldn't have had to kill them if we weren't trapped there."

"But the guilt is haunting me," I cry.

"Me too Annabeth." He rubbed my back soothingly. Once I realized how awkward it must be for Luke right now, I break apart from Percy's embrace and wipe me nose with my sleeve.

"What happens after this?" I ask him.

"We should have to walk home but if we're lucky we could find a police officer and get an ambulance," he answered. The twelve minutes felt like twelve days but eventually the elevator doors opened and we all collapsed in the ground. The thought that came to my mind was

He did it

We breathed in the fresh air of New York and I smiled the first time in days. Luke got up and he looked at our surroundings. He spotted a police officer and all of our faces lit up.

"Police officer!!!" He yelled, waving his hands in the air. That seemed to get the officers attention m. She ran over to us bending down and checking our pulses.

"Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson I can't believe it." She said and pulled out her walkie talkie. She talked into it and then put it away.

"All right. You are safe now. Don't worry, an ambulance is on its way." After a good 5 minutes I heard an ambulance siren and that was the last thing I remember before I blacked out.

Hey guys! Kind of a sad chapter and kind of a short one too. But the next one should be longer. We'll have to wait and see! I'll be updating at 320 views and 49 votes. Bye!