~ 9 ~

Percy

This wasn't like my nightmare. But I knew nothing would happen to her. She is strong, brave, and capable. She is amazing.

A few doctors came in surrounding her and I stood out of my chair and as I was walking to the door I stopped.

"Do you think you could tell me the injuries she has?" I ask. One of the doctors got a clipboard and read from it.

"Nothing major. Just a broken leg, and some cuts and bruises."

"And when should she be leaving?"

"A week tops." I smile and leave the room.

"Can I go in?" Tyson asked, I shake my head.

"I think mom woke up so they're just running some things. But once she wakes up, they could allow us to go in together. Did you guys see Paul yet?" Tyson and Estelle sat in some of the chairs, me and Annabeth still standing.

"So how bad are her injuries?" Annabeth asked.

"Nothing bad. Cuts, some bruises, and a broken leg."

"And when's she getting out?"

"A week tops."

"How are you going to handle your siblings by yourself? I mean Tyson's school is pretty near by to your house but Estelle's school is a 20 minute drive and we start class before she does. I had just talked to my dad and he said that you guys could stay while your parents get back on there feet."

I didn't know what to say so instead I stupidly shrugged.

"If it's not too much trouble. I guess we could stay over," she smiled.

"Great." she went to the corner and called someone. I couldn't hear but I saw her lips moving so I figured she was talking to somebody. Soon she hung up and walked back to us. After a few more minutes of waiting a nurse came out the room

"You all can go in now. But take it easy on her." she gave a hasty smile and went down the hall. We all went inside and mom gave a us a small smile where she saw us. We rushed to her side holding her hands, tears brimming our eyes.

"How you holding up?" I ask her.

"Better." Her voice came out raspy and I could barely hear it. "Can I have some water?" Annabeth left the room and soon she came back with a cup of water in her hands. She gave it to me and I held the cup to her lips and once she was done her voice sounded much more audible.

"How's Paul doing?" she asked.

"Good. We checked on him. He only had a couple cuts and bruises with a broken arm." Annabeth answered.

"Mom. How did this happen? Were you not focusing on the road?" I ask.

"No. No. We were. But this car just rammed into us. It all happened so fast." I patted her hand.

"You'll be okay. Doctor says you'll leave in a week or so."

"What about school?" mom asks.

"Annabeth's parents let us stay at there house, while you get back on your feet." I explain.

"Thank you, Annabeth and tell your parents that for me." Annabeth smiled in return. For the next hour we talked with my mom, also going over and checking on Paul.

Once visiting hours were over I drove us all to my house where me and my siblings quickly gathered clothes and essentials and while I was doing so, I saw a envelope on my desk. How did it get here. I saw the window opened and just realized that I hadn't left it opened. Someone opened it. I hesitantly walked over to it picking it up.

Percy Jackson,

You're next.

It wasn't signed.

"What. The. Fuck?" I whispered to myself and out of nowhere Annabeth knocked on the already opened door. I quickly jabbed the letter in my pocket and looked at her.

"What was that piece of paper?" she asked, eyeing my pocket.

"Nothing. Are my siblings ready?" I asked desperately trying to change the subject.

"Yeah," she answered with uncertainty. Her eyes were still on my pocket. I quickly zipped my duffel bag and headed down stairs.

"Everyone ready?" I ask grabbing my home keys and car keys. Everyone nodded and we left the house and got in my car. We drove to Annabeth's house and I parked right outside it.

We entered the Chase house and Annabeth's parents greeted us. Matt and Bobby tugged on my arms, wanting me to play on there Nintendo switch with them.

"Let Percy go. He just came." Annabeth told the boys and they stopped, pouting.

"So where will we be sleeping?" I ask Mrs. Chase.

"We have a guest bedroom upstairs. I hope your comfortable with sharing it with your siblings." Helen answered.

"That's fine. Thank you for your hospitality." I smile and she nods.

I follow Annabeth up to her room. It had grey walls, some architecture blue prints on her desk and she had a big bed that was pushed against the walls with grey blankets and white pillows. She also had a little bookshelves filled with some of her favorite books.

"Percy. I'm your best friend and you can tell me anything. What was the paper?" she asked. I couldn't hide from it any longer and I knew how stubborn she was.

I got the paper out of my pocket it handing it to her. She read it her eyes widening.

"Who knew 2 words could mean so much?" I say shrugging.

"How are you not taking this seriously? You just got a note that says "You're next" and you're just over there shrugging your shoulders."

"I don't even know what it means." We stayed  quiet until Annabeth spoke up.

"Don't you find it weird how this happened right after your parents were hit? It couldn't have been a coincidence."

"Are you saying that you think my parents were  targeted? That the accident wasn't really an accident?"

"Do I need to spell it out for you? Yes! They were. I'm sure of it." I started pacing around the room fiddling with my fingers.

"Should I call the police?"

"I don't know. What could they do? The paper wasn't even signed. We don't even know who wrote it."

"So. What does it mean for me to be next?"

"It means.... you're their next victim."

Hey cupcakes! Welcome to another chapter. It kind of gave me chills when I was writing. I'll be updating at 145 views and 27 votes!