~ 16 ~

Annabeth

I woke up in Percy's arms, drool on the side of his mouth. I smiled at him, wiping the drool with the sleeve of my shirt. When I did that he opened his eyes, smiling. I kissed him, cupping his face, stroking his cheek. Taking in his warmth.

"Break it up you two. I have food. Eat." He slid the plate of bread and cup of water.

"How do we know if it won't kill us?" Annabeth asked. The man aggressively tore a piece off the bread and ate it.

"There. Now eat," he left me and Percy alone once again. We ate the stale bread somehow and shared the glass of water. Percy seemed a bit more refreshed after drinking the water. Another guy came inside the cell and grabbed Percy by the shoulders.

"Where are you taking him?" I ask. The man doesn't answer and takes Percy out of the cell. He gives me one last worried glance.

An hour or so later another man came to my cell. He grabbed me by my shoulders the same way he did the same way he did with Percy. I have no idea where I was taken but I saw Percy on one of his knees, his arms in a position as if he was carrying something above his hands. He looked like he was in pain and I run up to him, cupping his face.

"What happening to him?!" I yell.

"He's holding the weight of the sky," he answered in a gruff voice.

"Percy. Percy. Let me take your spot," he shook his head.

"No... no. I can do it," I shake my head.

"No you can't Seaweed Brain let me."

"I'm sorry Wise Girl," and the pressure shifted onto my shoulders. Percy jumped back his face full of regret. The man dragged Percy back to the cell.

After an hour, my muscles know felt numb and I saw another man took my place. I felt bad for the man and then I was taken back to the cell. I collapsed into Percy's arms. I grabbed my arms, still feeling the pain. Percy brushed my hair out of my eyes, bringing me closer to him. He kissed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry Wise Girl." I pulled him into a hug.

"No. No. This isn't your fault. You were in pain, I had to take the pain away from you," we stay in each other's embrace.

"Are you still in pain?" I ask him. He touches his bicep.

"A little bit. Not that much, how are you?" I shrugged.

"Okay. Better know that I'm with you," he smiled, connecting his lips with mine.

"So how long do you think we've been here?" I ask.

"No id-" he got interrupted by the sound of clanging. I saw the man get thrown in his prison cell. He grunted and winced in pain. I crawled away from Percy's embrace and went to the bars of the cell.

"Hello?" I call.

"Hello?" the man answered back "I see your the next victims. You two look very young to be in here."

"Yeah. Uhm how long have you been in here?" I ask. The man grunted and shrugged.

"I don't know. I've been here for so long I don't even remember my own name." Percy came up behind me, resting his chin on my right shoulder.

"How about Bob?" he suggested. Bob took it in consideration and nodded.

"Bob. Yeah I like that. What are your names?"

"I'm Annabeth and this is Percy," I introduced. I saw two figures came our way, coming in our cell. Me and Percy backed up to the wall and the figures unmasked themselves. I didn't recognize one of them but the other one I did.