Chapter 3

Anabelle's POV
Holt walked up to his friend.

"So now you have HIM coming to your aid? Have you said something to him?"

"N-no. I-I don't talk to him."

I feel like crying.

"Are you lying? I hate liars."

I shook my head for the third time.

"If I find out you're lying, you're gonna regret it."

I gulped. When the bell rang, I ran to the only class, he's not in. I sat down in the last seat available.

Shit!

It's by Curran!

I slowly walked up to the desk. I put my things down then sat down. I took out everything, I needed for that class.

"You guys are going to be in groups of two. Holt, you're working with Ana."

HUH?!

Oh no!

I'm dead!

Paul's gonna do something!

"You have two weeks to do this. I suggest, you start today."

We got our assignment that we had to work on. I started shaking.

"What's wrong?"

"I-it's just anxiety. I-I'm fine."

We started doing research for the project.

"I'm gonna give you my number. Alright?"

He's gonna give me his number?!

"Ok-okay."

I unlocked my phone and opened the contacts app. I handed it to him. He handed me, his phone. I put my number in. When he was done, he gave me, my phone back. The bell rang and everyone started putting everything away. I was almost to my locker when, I was dragged into a storage closet.

"You seriously didn't listen?!"

"I-it's not my fault! W-we're working on a project together! I-I have no choice!"

He wrapped his hands around my neck.

"That's your excuse? Seriously? You thought, I'd believe that?"

I started shaking.

"I-it's the truth!"

"You're MINE got it?!"

I pushed him out of the way and ran to the door. I opened it and ran to my mom's car. I opened the door and threw everything in then jumped in.

"How was your day?"

"Same as always. I have a project due in two weeks. I'm working with Curran Holt."

"Isn't he the boy that you like?"

"Maybe?"

I saw him walking up to my mom's car. He was holding a notebook. I rolled the window down.

"Here. You dropped this."

He handed the notebook to me. I took it and put it in my backpack.

"Th-thank you."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"S-see you tomorrow."

He walked away and I rolled up the window.

"He seems nice."

"H-he's not usually. I don't get why, he's being nice to me."

"Maybe, he wants to change."

"I-I don't think so."

She started driving and brought us home. We got out of the car and she locked it. I walked up to the front door and unlocked it. I walked inside and went to my room. I changed then went to the kitchen. I grabbed a drink and something to eat. I pulled out my homework and started doing it.

Paul's really starting to get more terrifying.

I don't want to know what, he was planning to do today.