Chapter 30

Holt's POV
For a while, I watched her sleep. I wanted to make sure, she stayed asleep. I started rubbing her arm.

Her hair is making my leg wet.

Eh.

Whatever.

Tracey walked in.

"Oh! I didn't know, she was sleeping."

"She fell asleep like 45 minutes ago."

"Does she seem okay?"

"Not sure. She said, her shower wasn't relaxing. She kept watching the dirt go down the drain."

"Oh no. Thank you for everything by the way."

"It's no problem."

I let her sleep for a few hours. After she woke up, I took her to get something to eat. After that, I went home. I walked inside and my mom walked up to me.

"How is she?"

"Better."

I got ready for bed then went to sleep.

                             Anabelle's POV
When I went back to school, Sabrina ran up to me. She hugged me.

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too."

"How are you?"

"I feel much better."

"That's great! We missed you in choir."

When the concert came around, we hung out in the choir room until, it started.

"Is Holt here?"

"He should be. He said, he'd show up."

When we got on stage, I started looking around for my mom and Holt. I found them and smiled. When my solo came around, my heart was racing. When we were done singing, I started walking back to the choir room. Holt walked up to me with his head down.

"What's wrong? Oh no. I-I sucked didn't I?"

He shook his head.

"My dad got my number."

"Oh no. What happened?"

"I got a text. I have a step brother and half sister. She's 14 and he's 20."

"Oh my god. Baby I-what did he say?"

"He wants me to meet everyone next week."

"He just all of a sudden, does this?"

"Yeah. I-I don't know how to feel. I'm upset and pissed. They got to spend time with him. Meanwhile...he left me when I was 5. They got what...I wanted. They got what I needed. I don't remember anything about him. I don't remember what he looks like. I don't look at pictures of him. I don't watch videos. It just...it hurts too much."

"What do you want to do?"

He shrugged.

"I don't know. I hate him. Can we talk about that at your house?"

"Yeah. Sure."

He didn't talk on the way to my house. We went inside and walked to my room. We sat down on my bed.

"Did you think about, what you want to do about this?"

"I still don't know."

"You're jealous right?"

"I guess...you could say that."

"Are you scared to love him?"

"I-I don't know. Maybe? I've never thought of this. I don't know what I'd say. I don't know what I'd do."

"You have until next week to think about this. Did he say anything about, talking with your mom too?"

"No. No he didn't."

"Where does he want to meet?"

"Here's the thing. He doesn't live in this state anymore. Instead of pretending to try, he wants me to go to him."

"What? Seriously?"