Chapter 9

Holt's POV
I turned around and smiled.

"I like seeing you too."

She held her arms out. I walked over to her and started hugging her.

"Thank you. I missed having friends. I like this side of you. You should show it more."

"Show what? Me being nice? Yeah probably not. Oh I have an idea. We can do a little lunch date tomorrow if you want."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"But that means...you won't eat at school."

"Eh. Don't worry about it. I don't eat at school anyway. The food sucks. It's probably worse than hospital food."

"I think....I'll take you up on that. I'm probably having hospital food tonight and I'll save some when they bring me a tray in the morning."

"Ew. You're gonna make me eat hospital food tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

"I hate you."

"No you don't. Admit it. You love me."

My face started to heat up.

"Wh-what makes you say that?"

"Hmm let's see. You've been watching me get harassed and then one day, you decided to step in. You saved me from getting roofied at a party. You brought me home from a party knowing, it's not the place for me. You keep kissing me. You're visiting me in the hospital after my dad beat me up. Do I have to go on?"

"Uhhh."

I cleared my throat.

"Why are you doing this to me?"

She shrugged.

"Oh do you want me to mention the fact that....we're having a lunch date tomorrow?"

"You're evil."

"I wanna take things slowly okay? No leaving me as quick as you do with your exes."

"Damn. You caught that?"

"Yeah. Please don't do that to me."

"Okay. I won't."

"Thank you. I love you too."

"Y-y-you do?"

"Mhm!"

I smiled. I started hugging her tighter.

"I gotta go before, my mom sends a search party. Bye. I'll see you tomorrow. If you're not allowed to have your phone, have your mom call me so she can tell me what you want."

"Okay."

"I'm serious, take it easy. I've had a concussion. But hey, you have an excuse to stay in bed all day."

She chuckled.

"Yeah. You're right."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye. I love you."

"I love you too."

I walked out of the hospital room and saw Tracey.

"You're leaving?"

"Yeah. My mom asked me to come home. I'll be back tomorrow. I'm bringing her food."

"You don't have to do that."

"I know. I want to though. We're having a debate on if hospital food is worse then school food."

"Ah. Good luck with that."

"I'll see you tomorrow."

I left the hospital and went back to my car. I drove home. The porch light was on.

I'm in trouble.

I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I unlocked it and walked in.

"Mom? I'm home!"

She walked downstairs.

"Don't get mad!"

"I'm not mad. I'm more worried."

"I know. I should've called to say, I was gonna be out later but, I honestly lost track of time. A lot of shit happened today. Ana's parents were fighting and she came here and her dad started assaulting her. I've been in the hospital all afternoon with her."

"Oh no. Are you going back tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna bring food by for her."

"That's nice."

"I'm gonna go shower."

"Are you hungry?"

"Yeah. I'll eat in a bit."

I took a quick shower then ate. After that, I got ready for bed.