Chapter 17 : Don't Fall For Him

Too many foolish people try to come between us

None of them seem to matter when I look into your eyes

Now I know why I belong here

In your arms, I found the answer

Somehow, nothing would seem so wrong here

If they'd only realize that

'Born for You' by David Pomeranz

-----

Earlier that same morning.

Leon gave Oddey a ride to school with his chauffeur driving the car, and they sat together at the back. He noticed that she had been quiet since they left, "anything on your mind, Mochie pie?" he asked her.

"Uhm... just school stuff," she replied although she was lying and her father knew that. "And Monday sucks."

"Don't stress yourself too much about that."

"Yes, Dad."

"About... their son, I have nothing against him," he told her, Oddey gazed at him when he said that.

"You don't?"

"A child should not pay for their parents' wrongdoing, right?" After that, Leon looked at his daughter straight in the eyes. "But I only ask you one thing and one thing only."

"Okay..."

"Never fall for him," he demanded her, Oddey felt like she was poured by cold water. "Nothing good could go to be with a child born from... them."

"Yes, Dad."

Back in the present

Oddey was the only one in the classroom. She was replaying her father's requests in her head to not have strong feelings for Gage, although it already happened, especially when he considered her as his friend. "What am I gonna do?"

"Hey!" Rita appeared and startled her. "Ugh... Monday. Again."

"Yeah, I know, right?"

"So how is my bestie after you know last Friday?"

"I'm alright now. My Dad even got home when he heard what happened."

"Well, that was no joke, I mean, being trapped inside an elevator after a lightning strike. Plus, you had an asthma attack."

"But I'm fine now."

"Of course, you are, especially when you were stuck with... Gage," Rita teased by tickling her tummy.

"Stop," Oddey whined and lightly slapped her hand away.

"It seems like you two are okay now with one another, so tell me, what happened inside?"

Oddey got all choked up because she couldn't tell her best friend about Gage and his family to her. "Uhm..." she gulped. "He uhm... sort of took care of me when I got scared."

"Aww..." Rita giddied. "And then?"

Oddey remembered how he was so kind throughout those times, "we talked, and we kinda cleared things up," she added. "After that, the next thing I knew, I... was sleeping on his lap."

Rita screamed in euphoria that it was so high that only dogs could hear it, and she was shaking Oddey too. "That happened!? AAAHHHH!! you slept on his lap?"

"Say it louder. I don't think the class next door could hear you."

"Please, it's still early in the morning, but seriously, that really happened?"