Chapter 32 : Star-Crossed Kiss

Hours later, it was a late in the night, Gage was coming out from a convenience store right outside the school to buy snacks, then he noticed that Oddey and Jerry, minus Rita and Felix He hid behind a broad pole to spy on them a bit.

They were walking together in the campus garden like how he saw them were earlier in the morning, like they were enjoying each other's company again. In his mind, the double date went well, and why wouldn't it be since this guy didn't bring a plus one. After that, he watched them hug each other, and then they separated. Oddey went inside through the gate while her date walked back to his car.

Seeing how close they looked at one another, at least they did not have one of those goodnight kiss yet Gage felt threatened by this handsome, yet friendly jock.

When Jerry drove off, the Romeo decided to get back inside the campus. He saw Oddey again walking, but not to the girls' dorms, so he decided to follow her.

Most rooms in the school were closed late at night, yet there were some with the lights were still for students studying until three in the morning, work on a project, having a private meetings, and there was this dance group that wanted to practice their steps.

Though apparently, Oddey was heading to the auditorium. Gage watched her go inside the elevator, then waited for the next one to arrive to see what she was up to. "What is she doing?" he whispered to himself.

The Juliet arrived at the theatre club rehearsal place and went up to the stage to see the fixed balcony set. At the same time, she did not know that Gage stood by the door, looking all confused as to why she was there right after being in the silent movie convention. She was still wearing the ruffled red dress, and her makeup was still intact.

Oddey went at the back of the backdrop and climbed to the stairs to get to Juliet's bedroom set that was in the middle of a working progress. Then, he went straight to the wide window way that was the balcony. She wanted to take a look at it and could see there was no way that it would cause another mishap.

While just being there, she imagined being Juliet while still wearing a beautiful dress. "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse the name," She recited, and Gage heard her. "What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name which is no part of thee take all myself."

"Shall I hear more or shall I speak of this?" The playing the male lead spoke.

Oddey was startled that she quickly turned around and was surprised to see her crush down there with this cute grin. "Gage," she gasped.

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, who is already sick and pale with grief, that thou her maid art far more fair than she," he added.

The young artist blushed, "How long were you standing there?" she questioned him.

"Not long, I saw you from the campus garden, and... well. What are you doing on the balcony?"

"Uhm... I'm just checking to see if it's safe." Oddey pretended to observe the conditions by knocking a few boards. "And, it is."

"So uhm... how was the silent movie thing?"

"Hmm... quiet," Oddey joked, then the two laughed it off. "But, I had fun."

"Cool. By the way, where's Felix and Rita?" he asked.

"Well, Felix have a suprise dinner plan with her." She leaned her head with her hand on the sill.

"Really?" That was news to Gage. "I didn't even know he came up with that."