Chapter 38 : Suspecting Juliet

It was still the weekend, Courtney bought an iced coffee and was about on her way inside campus when a fancy-looking car caught her eyes, and then she saw Oddey coming out of it. "Oh, this is interesting," she giggled evilly.

The car door was closed, yet the window slid down. The theatre major took out her phone as fast as she could to take a picture of that little scene, but her bag was too big to search her phone. Eventually, she found it and took it out.

She saw a hand reaching for the art student some cash, so Courtney took a picture of that perfect moment. Although Oddey declined at first but accepted it anyway, then thanked the benefactor and waved farewell at him. After that, she went inside the campus gate while Leon drove off.

It was a very fascinating thing to see for Courtney as she looked at the image she took since it confirmed to her that Gage's little girlfriend was not as innocent as she seemed.

Just five minutes later, she saw the Romeo arrived just in time with his car being parked, so she quickly went to him. "Gage!" she called.

"Courtney, hey!" Gage got out of his car. "What's up?"

"Awesome. I have something to show you." She grabbed his arm and pulled him away.

Later, the boys were in their dorm room. Courtney excitedly showed the photo to the two boys. It was clear that Oddey was accepting money from a man, yet his face was not shown. "Okay, so who's the dude with a nice car?" Felix asked.

"Duh... who else?" she scoffed. "It's Leon Magnum. Right, Gage?"

The architect student had no idea what to think of it. It was like she did not know who her girlfriend was after hearing that her mother was dating the enemy. "Maybe it is him," he responded numbly. "I'm not sure."

"Maybe?" Courtney was hoping for a different reaction than what he was letting on. "It's him."

"Alright, did you see him at least?" Felix asked again.

"Well, no..." The girl cringed. "But come on, this is weird. Why is she accepting money from a dude with a nice car?"

"Who are we to judge, Court?"

"Whatever. What do you think, Gage?" she questioned him. "You haven't said anything."

The poor guy was pacing around the room as he was racking her brain with two of his best friends watching and listening to his concerns. "Yeah, weird," He expressed.

"Probably it's nothing," Felix claimed as he shrugged his shoulder, but Gage was not sure about that, yet he didn't say anything about it. "Maybe it's not what you think."

"Wow, Felix, what else would it be then?" Courtney retorted. "What kind of CEO would even do that to the daughter of the woman he's dating?"

"If it is him. And it is not weird that Oddey was given money by some man with a nice car," Felix argued, yet it already felt like it sounded odd, even Gage and Courtney glared at him for it. "Okay. Cool it. Maybe her mom and Mr. Magnum hit off since they are hooking up, and he's trying to get along with his lady's daughter and get to know her."

"That's the stupidest thing I heard in my life."

"She's right, Felix," Gage agreed reluctantly.

"Come on, man, don't you trust Oddey?" Felix asked him.

"I won't," Courtney interjected in a snarky way.

"I didn't ask you!"

"Felix, I don't know what to think," Gage said. "After what I saw earlier, it's hard not to suspect her. If any of it is true, why didn't she tell me in the first place?"