Chapter 50 : Friar Lawrence's Cell

It had been a few days since the break-up, and the ex-couple avoided each other in school. It was more on Gage since he was the one who was being lied to. He dodged Oddey every time they happened to pass by each other.

Not wanting to see one another was not simple for both of them, especially when you were in a relationship that you thought would last. The Juliet had to face the consequences of her mistake. Her ex-boyfriend did not just block her from his life, but also from social media. It was expected, though, yet it was still painful.

He could avoid her elsewhere, but then there was the theatre club. Almost everyone there could tell that they were not together anymore. Though part of him still loved her, he wanted to get that feeling away from his broken heart.

The only person enjoying was Courtney since he and the Romeo were friends again, which made their rehearsing easier. Perhaps it was not that easy when you have to say romantic lines to the person you consider your best friend. It was the reason why Gage asked Oddey in the first place. Well, that was not an option anymore.

The two friends were rehearsing Friar Lawrence's cell by the audience seat while Madame Vestia directed the other scene. It was the part where the starcrossed lovers wanted to get married in secret. The actor playing the role of the Friar was with them as well.

"So smile the heavens upon this holy act, that after hours with sorrow chide us not!" The Friar Lawrence actor recited with a script in his hand.

"Amen, amen! but come what sorrow can, it cannot countervail the exchange of joy that one short minute gives me in her sight," Gage recited back. "Do thou but close our hands with holy words, then love-devouring death do what he dare. It is enough I may but call her mine.

"Here comes the lady. O, so light a foot will ne'er wear out the everlasting flint. A lover may bestride the gossamer that idles in the wanton summer air, and yet not fall, so light is vanity."

"Enter Juliet," Courtney chimed jokingly, then began saying her lines."Good even to my ghostly confessor."

"Romeo shall thank thee, daughter, for us both," the actor Friar said.

"As much to him, else is his thanks too much."

Romeo began going through with his part. "Ah, Juliet."

"Stop," the Juliet actress groaned. "Gage, at least make it sound excited. I mean, in this scene, Romeo is thrilled to be married to the love of his life."

"Sorry, let me try again." Gage tried not to look annoyed and just be patient about it, so he adjusted his tone for the lines. "Ah, Juliet, if the measure of thy joy be heaped like mine and that thy skill be more to blazon it, then sweeten with thy breath this neighbour air, and let rich music's tongue unfold the imagined happiness that both receive in either by this dear encounter."

"Better," Courtney remarked, then went back into character. "Conceit, more rich in matter than in words, brags of his substance, not of ornament. They are but beggars that can count their worth, but my true love is grown to such excess. I cannot sum up sum of half my wealth."

Lastly, it was the Friar's turn to say his lines. "Come, come with me, and we will make short work. For, by your leaves, you shall not stay alone till holy church incorporate two in one."

"And scene. That was great, guys!" The female actress praised him. "But, Gage, we need to work on it some more."

The architect student just smiled and nodded. "Sure, no problem," he replied.

However, Oddey was lifting a couple of boxes for the props, and she was having a hard time since usually her Romeo helped her out. She happened to pass by the two leading stars of the play, and the female actress decided to have a bit of fun from it.