Chapter 39

***

WARNING: Strong language 

***

I slowly open my eyes. Adjusting to the new light. I stare up at a wooden ceiling

Where am I? 

I look next to me and see someone wrapping a bandage around my arm. When he gets the feeling of someone looking at him he turns to face me. He's eyes widen

"Are you alright?" he asks.

I breathe deeply as I take in my surroundings. I'm in a small room with concert walls and no windows. There's a single bed in one corner on which I'm currently laying on. 

I look back to the person in front of me.

"Bong?"

He's checks turn a light pink. He stutters, "A-are you alright?" he repeats. "I – I was just cleaning your wounds." He says quickly pointing to my arms.

"Huh?" I say. I look down at my ankle and see that it has already been wrapped up. There are a few bandages on my arms too. 

I look back at him. 

He's different from the others. I don't think I remember Bong ever once attacking me when I fought with them. Why though? Why...

is he nice?

"Um, where am I" I ask him.

He looks at me nervously and starts to fiddle with his fingers. "In the basement.."

"Basement?" I say wide eyed. I didn't know the cabin has a basement.

Bong nods. 

I try to get up but hiss as pain erupts throughout my whole body. 

"Please don't move!" Bong says as he hesitates to place his hands on my shoulders. He gentle pushes me back down on the bed and reaches for a box next to him. He places the open box on the bed. He takes out a alcohol cleaning pad and opens it. 

He reaches over to my head but I move away. "I just want to clean your wound." He says pointing to my forehead.

I reach up and touch my head as it burns from my touch. He begins to clean the cut on my head.

I watch him carefully.

Once he's done he packs up the first aid things and stands up. "I-I'll come back tomorrow to change them." he shyly bows and turns to leave.

"Wait!" he stops in his tracks and slowly turns to face me.

"Why are you helping me?"

He nervously bites his lip and looks at anything but my eyes. "Y-you were injured and I don't like seeing people hurt" he says softly.

I watch as he stands uncomfortably clutching the first aid box tight in his hand and scratches the back of his head. A habit I picked up from monitoring the boys throughout practice. He's posture tells me that he is not violent like the others. He, actually seems powerless in a way. Whenever I've come across them he's never yelled or said harsh things. He's never actually spoken.

He's just an innocent kid,...

"Thank you, Bong"

He immediately looks up at me. He stares for a moment in utter silence but eventually relaxes a little and bows before quickly turning and leaving the room.