Chapter 40

Jungkook's pov.

It's been 16 days

16 days since Y/n went missing.

The police aren't really helping. They say that they haven't found any of her traces anywhere in Seoul, and have contacted stations outside as well but nothing else.

"Jungkook please stop biting your nails. You're going to damage them." Jin says sitting across from me in the break room.

I glance at him and place my hands in my lap, and begin bouncing my right leg.

"We're going to find her Kook. Just be patient." Jimin says next to.

I can't take it.

"How can I be patient hyung!" I burst. All their eyes land on me. I stand up and run a hand through my hair.

"Jungko-" I cut Hoseok off.

"It's been 16 days. They haven't found anything of her anywhere! I can't wait any longer. What if she's lost somewhere? What if she hurt?" I look at them feeling pure sadness wash over me, "What if-"

"Stop it Jungkook." Namjoon says standing up with a stern look on his face. "We're worried about her too. There's just nothing we can do right now. We have to wait for the police to get back to us first."

Feeling slight sobs rising up in my throat, I lower my head. "It's my fault. I-I called her here to help us. Instead I made her disappear." A tear slips downs my cheek.

"Yes you called her here Jungkook," Yoongi says crossing his arms while sitting on the couch, "but you didn't make her disappear. She did that on her own."

I snap my head up towards him, "How could you-"

He holds up a hand, "I didn't mean it like that. I mean that none of us told her to go to where ever she was going and disappear. She left on her own free will. It just happened that she disappeared."

I wipe my eyes and sit back down on the couch between Taehyung and Jimin. They both try to calm me down by patting my back and wiping away other tears that escape my eyes.

We stay silent for a while until Jin speaks up.

"I know this might be a touchy question," Jin asks glancing at me for a second, "but remember the day Y/n left and we were texting her."

The others nod while I stare at him.

"Jungkook asked if she left because of the rumors that were going around. And didn't she say that she was trying to catch them- don't you think maybe those people had something to do with her disappearance? Or is it just me." he says looking at all of us but Yoongi in particular.

Yoongi sits quietly giving it some thought.

He suddenly looks up at us. "Hyung," he says looking at Jin, "Why did I not think of that." He places a hand on his head. He takes out his phone. "She literally said that she was going after them..." he points to his screen reading the past messages.

I immediately stand up startling Taehyung and Jimin. "Jungkook what-"

"I'm going."

Everyone looks confused. "What are you talking about Kook?" Taehyung asks.

"I'm going to find her myself. I'm not going to sit around and wait any longer." I say

"Jungkook, how are you going to find her? Just calm down first, your emotions are all over the place right now." Namjoon asks.