Chapter 21

"Is it alright if I hang around here for a while?"

WHAT! 

"W-what?" I stutter.

"U-uh, I-it's just that I know when I get back the guys will be making a noise and we've had such a long day, a-and I just thought that your place is so quiet that I could..." Jungkook rambled on which made me giggle. At the sound of my laugh he looks at me with his big doe eyes. 

His stare makes me stop and almost choke on my spit. Clearing my throat I say, "S-sure why not?" At my response he shows off his bunny smile. "Thanks Y/n!" he then plops himself on my couch making himself comfortable. 

"Would you like a drink?" I ask as I walk backwards towards my kitchen. "A soda please!" 

"Soda coming up!" I turn around and head towards the fridge. 

I return with two sodas and two bowls for the snacks. "Here." I say placing the things down. "Oh! Thank you." He takes the soda can and opens it, taking a sip. While I was preparing the snacks he asks me, "So Y/n, were you doing some sort of workout before I came?" 

I freeze, "U-uh, y-yeah something like that. I was practicing some combat skills." I stutter, embarrassed that he caught me. 

"Oh! Jinjja?"

"Yeah." I place the chips into a bowl and place it near him on the table. "I've been doing it for a while now." I say

"That's amazing." He says as he watches my movement as I open the other packed of snacks and place them into a bowl. Once I'm done I put the empty packets into the plastic bag and turn to face him. He quickly faces the front just as I'm about to make eye contact with him. 

"So, how's practice going?" I ask trying to make some more small talk.

"It's alright. We've been working hard. Trying to give ARMY's only the best you know?" he says taking another sip of his soda.

"Yeah." I take a sip from my soda, unsure of what to talk about next. 

"Y/n? Can I ask, what have you been up to? You know when you left us a while back? Where were you?" he looks me dead in the eye when he asks me these questions. His big doe eyes growing larger as they wait for my response.

"I um, h-had to go help a friend! Yes, they just opened up a small store and asked for my help since we're family friends and-"

"That's not what you said last time." He interrupts staring at me. 

"W-what do you mean?" I stutter

"Last time you said that you needed to help your parents since they moved to the area." he states as he leans back and crosses his arms. I shut my mouth with a loss of words as I feel the sweat form on the side of my head. I just messed up... 

"W-well you see, when I finished helping my parents settle in, my friend called and asked my for help! That's why it took a little longer than a month for me to get back." I say making up the whole story. 

He hums in response and grabs a few chips out of the bowl, plopping them in his mouth. I sigh thankful that he bought that-

"I still don't believe you. But I'll let it slide for now." He says grabbing a few more chips. I look at him in disbelief. He chuckles at my reaction and suddenly ruffles my hair. I freeze at his move and stare at him. He makes eye contact with me and freezes too. We stare at each other for about a minute before he pulls his hand back while a blush creeps onto his face.