Chapter 55

Jungkook's pov.

Night of the concert:

"Ready?" Namjoon asks. The hyungs nod in response.

"Jungkook?" I look up at him and back to our hands placed on top of each other. Am I?

"I'm ready."

Namjoon nods looking at me carefully, "We can do this, just like we practiced." He looks at our hands, "Bangtan Bangtan!"

"Bang Bangtan!" we all say together breaking our hands in the middle. We head to the side of the stage as the intro to "ON" starts playing. I look at the crowd through the curtain. The whole stadium is packed as always. There are so many people here to see us, yet it feels so lonely...

"Hey Kook, you alright?" Jin asks placing a hand on my shoulder. I look at him and give a weak smile. "Yeah, I'm fine Hyung." But my smile drops. He gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze. "I know." He says quietly before looking at the others. "But we can't keep holding on." They all nod and look at me sadly.

"I know...but.." I go silent.

Jin goes to say something again just as someone from the crew gives us the sign to step on stage. He sighs and pulls me towards the stairs of the stage. I take a deep breath and head up with the rest of my hyungs following us.

Time Skip~

"I miss you..." I say quietly into the mic just as the music stops. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I can't just let it all go. It was part of my life. She was part of my life. My sobs become heavier when Jimin wraps his arms around me silently crying too. "I can't....I just can't hyung." I whisper through my tears, gripping onto his shirt.

"I know, it's ok." Jimin says patting my back. The others stand up giving sympathetic glances towards me. They walk to the front of the stage holding hands. Jimin drags me to the front as well so that we can say goodbye to our fans. He grabs my left hand in a gentle grasp while Hoseok grabs my right. He gives a reassuring squeeze.

"Thank you ARMY. We love you!" Namjoon says grabbing Yoongi's hand and bowing. We all follow him. When we stand up the hyungs all say their last goodbyes waving to ARMY as we make our way to the stage exit. I try my best to say goodbye as well but it only comes out as a mumbling mess. Once we all leave the stage I see Taehyung stop and look back again before coming backstage and putting an arm around my shoulders. "You ok?"

"Yeah..." I say quietly wiping the last tears as my sobs start to calm down. "I just wish she was here.."

He pulls his lips in a thin line, "I'm sure she would be happy to have seen us tonight." He says leading me to where the rest of the hyungs are getting their ruined makeup taken off.

"Well done boys. I'm proud of you all." Our manager says as he enters the room glancing at us.

"Thank you." We all say tiredly.

"I've spoken to Mr. Bang and he's agreed to give you guys tomorrow off. You will only be required to come in the day after for a quick rundown of the year's accomplishments and the following year's schedule." he says once our makeup has been removed. We get up and bow to the manager, "Thank you sir."

He chuckles, "You guys deserve a break after all this."

He guides us to the van waiting behind the stadium. Once we're in, Jin hops in the driver's seat with Yoongi next to him. "We'll go on our own Manager." He says.