Chapter 53

Min-ji and I leave the stadium along with the rest of ARMY. Some linger behind taking last minute pictures before they make their way home. "I'll call Jae to come pick us up and we can head to my place for a movie night." Min-ji says taking her phone out and dialing Jae's number. Jae shows up at the front gate after a good 10 minutes. Min-ji opens her door to get in but I stay back.

"Min-ji," she turns to face me as Jae peers from inside the car. "I'll take the bus back to my place. I just want to get some fresh air." I say nervously rubbing my arm.

She frowns looking at Jae who has the same expression and looks back at me, "Are you sure? We don't have to have a movie night. We can drop you off-"

"No, thank you though. I just feel like going on a bit of a stroll." I say.

She pulls her lips in a thin line before nodding, "Ok, let me know when you get home and if something happens alright?"

I nod, "I will. And, thank you for this. I really enjoyed the concert. It was the perfect day off." I tell her giving her a hug which she returns.

"No problem. We should do this again sometime. You need to take advantage if your day offs Y/n." she giggles.

"Yeah and next time invite me too! I'm also part of this group!" Jae yells. Min-ji and I laugh at him before saying goodbye. I wait for them to leave first and let a sigh out. I wait until everyone has left, so that it is just me and some security guards at the main doors. I walk out the front gate and stop to face the stadium once more, replaying all the new memories I've made tonight. A small smile creeps onto my face, "I'm glad I saw you guys one last time." The smile disappears quickly when the guilt comes back after finding out how much they've been hurting since I left.

I turn and leave the stadium gates and make my way to the bus stop. I place my earphones in my ears and listen to my night-time playlist. I finally reach the bus stop and take a seat on the bench. There's no one else here except for a few people walking by. I take my cap off and lean my head back against the glass closing my eyes. I let the remaining tears I had kept in flow out as I remember their faces again. They looked so happy in the beginning. Dancing on stage and interacting with their fans. It was enough to put my heart at ease. It still hurts but it will heal with time. I hope singing that song helps them heal as well. It seemed that they too kept their emotions hidden for a long time.

I sit back up and fix my hair, wiping the remainder of my tears before placing my cap back in my bag. Tonight didn't really go as planned. Yoongi and Taehyung seeing me was not part of the plan at all. But it was nice seeing them smiling at me, like how they would in the past. It felt good. I wonder if they will mention to the others that I was there. Although Yoongi seemed to sense I didn't really want them to know, that's why he stopped Taehyung from calling the others.

I wish I knew that this was how they felt all this time. Maybe then I wouldn't have left them in the first place. I should have just let them explain how they felt, but I was selfish and scared of what they were going to say. I can't even bring myself to go to them now after hearing what they had to say. I wouldn't know what to say to them. I guess it's a little too late now.

I sigh and look up but freeze when I see a black van parked across the street with their front lights on. A window is pulled down and a few figures appear in the frame of it. A chill is sent down my spine at the thought that someone has been watching me the whole time. I almost shriek when my phone vibrates in my bag next to me. I open my bag still staying wary of the creepy van. When I pull my phone out and look at the screen to see whose calling me, all it shows is 'No Caller ID.'