Chapter 1

Blood.

Blood spilled out of her nose and into her mouth, the taste of copper coated her tongue. How long had it been? Days? Weeks? Who the fuck knows. Her mind was scrambled.

"If you talk, this pretty face of yours might be spared." The gruff voice, laced with an Eastern European accent called out. Her face suddenly in his hands, looking into his cold eyes.

"My sisters hurt me more than this." the woman spat back, the faint reminder of the estranged sisters pulled her heart. Once she joined the military they wanted nothing to do with her, assumed she joined just for a soldiers death.

They weren't entirely wrong there, but it still hurt.

The connection of knuckles to her gut pulled her out of her mind. The echo's of cracking ribs in her ears. Bile creeping up her throat, struggling to keep her composure while choking it back down.

"You will talk, сука." the Russian man cursed at her, slamming the heavy door on his way out.

Everything hurt. the woman glanced at her tags tucked in between her breasts.

Second Lieutenant Ember Lennon. Born July 30th, 1997. 24 Years of age as of date of capture. DOD ID 10265547000. Code name: Firefly. She knew she couldn't lose sight of herself, when she lost herself, if she lost herself; it was game over.

Ember glanced around the room, probably for the millionth time. Concrete walls covered in scratch marks from POW's trying to claw their way to freedom, the small table that sat 5 meters away. Probably bolted to the ground, like the chair she sat in. The metal cuffs felt heavy, why did they feel so heavy... her hands rubbed raw and bleeding, Ember had stopped struggling against them who knows how long ago.

Who knew if help would be coming, Ember had resigned herself that no one knew where she was. Dying alone is something she always thought would happen, but not covered in her own shit and piss. She chuckled dryly, how could she let herself be captured? Her convoy had been intercepted on their way to meet Task force 141. Bad Intel. Spetsnaz had taken all 4 of her Delta Squad into custody.

Specialist Ajax Ryder. Born December 2nd 1989, 32 years of age as of date of capture. DOD ID 10334986100. Code name: Birdman.

Specialist Dante Hernandez. Born February 20th 1999, 23 years of age as of date of capture. DOD ID 10466357900. Code name: Baby

Sergeant Omari Borkav. Born June 5th 1996, 26 years of age as of capture. DOD ID 10440778900. Code name: Blushin.

Were they okay? Ember knew they wouldn't talk, but they were her brothers. There weren't many like them, Delta was a well kept secret. So how did they know they were on their way to the rendezvous point. Only 7 people knew about this meeting, and who was all supposed to be there; Baby, Blushin, Birdman, Shepard, Price, and Ember. Not even the entirety of the 141 knew what was going on. There was a mole.

THERE WAS A MOLE.

Holy shit, anger built up in her. Adrenaline pumping through her veins as she found a new strength to fight against her confines. She suspected Price, Delta and 141 had never worked together, but Shepard seemed to trust them entirely.. Confusion lent itself a headache.

Ember closed her heavy eyes, the dimly lit room she was in was her only solace that they needed her. Needed her team to tell them all the blacklisted shit they had done against them.

"сука, are you ready to talk yet?" The voice grumbled through the door.

"If you're taking orders for takeout I'd like a Double Double and Animal Fries Мудак." She tried her best to sound tough, a light chuckle came from the door.