Chapter 17

-----'Phantom' POV-----

"Overlord to Phantom, how copy?" 

"Phantom to Overlord, observing still." I sighed, staring through my scope into the dimly lit room. Ember stood there slowly peeling off her clothes from the night. How I could stare at this forever...

"Phantom you have to retrieve that flash drive. Phase 3 cannot continue until you do so." 

"Copy Overlord, you hired the best. You'll get the best." 

"Don't make me send Hound. Get it done tonight. Do NOT get caught." 

Hound. Just the thought of that fuck working with me was horrid. "Don't worry. I'm called Phantom for a reason." 

"Good. Fail this and you get that partner. Overlord out." 

"Copy. Phantom moving." I closed the channel, putting the rifle down I slowly crouched up to the motor pool near the barracks. Approaching the side door to the building I opened it, avoiding any noise. Stalking close to the floor I clung to the dark wall, moving into the briefing room. Opening the filing cabinet I was met with empty drawer after empty drawer. My intel was never wrong, so why wasn't it here?

"Looking for something?" A deep voice growled behind me, the boonie hat illuminated in the light. 

"Price." I slowly reached for my sidearm, not noticing the larger man in the pitch black corner as he cocked his own 9mm. 

"Don't even think about it." Ghost hissed. 

"fuck.." I mumbled. Guess I was getting that partner...

--------Embers POV--------

Fucking idiot... I shoved my clothes back on and ran out of my room. Speeding into the now lit briefing room I panted. 

"Did... Did it work??" I saw the man with his hands up, staring at his vest my eyes grew wide. "Take his vest!!" 

Scared the shit out of Price, who moved even faster than I imagined as he cut the vest off of the man. "What the fuck Ember??" 

I pointed to the array of hidden wires and concealed weapons. "He's smart. Was getting ready to escape." 

Ghosts eyes fell on the makeshift teargas bomb on his chest. "Good eye Firefly." 

"Thank me later. What I want to know is why Messier is here." 

"How do you know..." Price stared between me and Randal. 

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." I seethed, walking up to the masked man, to Randal. "Hello darling." 

"I see I didn't finish the job." His quiet accent filling the silence. "Shame... Your obituary picture would be so beautiful." 

"Ember you don't need to be here." Ghost sighed, his eyes fixated on Messiers hazel ones. 

"I see you're still a whore. These men must really like to toss you around eh?" 

"Don't you ever stop talking?" I huffed. 

"Nope. You know us Frenchmen." 

"Alright that's enough." Price bellowed, "Ghost, contact Soap and get him back here. I want you two working together in interview room 3."

"Sure cap." Ghost muttered into his radio, grabbing the man and tearing him away from the floor. Ripping the face covering off of Messier and staring deep into his eyes. "You will talk." 

"Good luck with that. I'll be seeing you really soon Ember baby... Don't you forget me again." He blew a kiss in my direction. 

"Price..." I muttered, watching them stalk out of the room.