Chapter 11

------Embers POV------

"So... tell me about what happened to you and your team." Dr. Aiden smiled softly, trying to seem non threatening.

"There isn't much that no one doesn't know." I curtly said.

"I know, but I'm new here, so I don't know."

"Fine. You want a story before fucking lunch? You'll get a god damn story."

--------------5 months ago----------------

"Firefly do you copy?"

"Firefly to Overhead, send traffic over."

"12 unknown vehicles approaching the convoy. 10 klicks out. Stay frosty."

"Copy Overhead, stand by for close combat."

"Blushin, Baby, Birdman, we have 12 unknowns approaching. We are clear to engage, shoot to kill. We are still 16 klicks out so we have some time before we meet our new friends." I directed.

"Roger." They echoed back, my team was elite, the mention of 556 at home was enough to send chills down anyone's mind back on base. It was strange, an American special forces team like us meeting another top tier elite team. However, it was not uncommon for us to work together short term, the long term was different.

The Humvee screeched to a halt, losing balance we had to grab our seats to stay up right.

"немедленно выйти из машины!!" (get out of the vehicle now!)

Screams in Russian flooded our senses, tear gas filled the vehicle from the drivers side window.

"Overhead you are clear hot I repeat you are clear hot! Danger close authorized!" I yelled into the comms, firing my side arm at the approaching men.

"Overhead to Firefly, orders have changed. We are not clear to engage I repeat stand down 556."

What? We were being ordered to stand down? We'd be captured!

"Negative Overhead, we need backup now! We're getting overrun here. We WILL be captured if this continues."

"I'm sorry Ember... not our call.. Overhead out."

"Overhead? Bradly we need you! Brad!!"

Dead. Nothing but static on comms..

"Firefly what the fuck do we do??" Blushin screamed over the gunfire.

"I..."

"Firefly where in fresh hell is our air support?? Where is Overhead??" Baby screamed

"Перестаньте сопротивляться! Приходите тихо, и вы можете быть пощажены!" (Stop resisting! Come quietly and you may be spared!)

"Overhead is gone! Command has revoked our clearance to fight, the next bullet that fires could be considered an act of war!" I mustered the loudest voice I could, I couldn't do much... not without clearence.

------------Three days after capture-----------

"Красивая птица... Beautiful bird, if you just give us information we want, you and your team leave... Yes?" Korvak smirked, grabbing my face in his rough hands.

"бля укол. Like I'd tell you anything." I spit, blood and saliva sticking to his cheek.

"Suit yourself."