Chapter 25

---Embers POV---

I was having the most amazing dream...

The 141 had come to help me. Gaz had found the room I was in and had coaxed me out of the void someone lifting me into a car... Ghost-

No...

Simon, by my side. My hair in his gloved hand as he softly stroked it. His eyes were so beautiful from this angle... Nothing gets past him though, he noticed I was staring and looked down at my groggy gaze.

"Good morning Ember."

"Morning..." I sighed nuzzling into his midsection. Moments later I bolted up after realizing that I, was in fact, awake.

"Whoa easy Em!" Soap called from the drivers seat.

"Soap?" I croaked, my eyes darting between Soap, Gaz, and Simon. "You guys.."

"You think we'd just let you get taken did you?" Gaz smiled, turning to face the back seat.

"No.. But I'd hoped you'd try other ways before putting yourselves in danger." I laughed, leaning into Simons stiff shoulder.

"Like Ghost would let that happen." Soap laughed, glancing in his rear view mirror at the brooding man.

"Well.. There was the hope." I smiled, the man next to me stiff but his eyes soft. Inviting me in as the conversation flowed between all of us quietly.

"Could you believe they wouldn't pick up any cigs for me? They only had Rothmans Green... You guys know what a picky bitch I can be when it comes to my cigs." I sighed, shifting slightly. Ghost offered a small pack of cigarettes, JP's Silver Stream 20's...

"Told you they were growing on me."

"Thanks Simon.."

"Get any ash on the seats back there and you will answer to Laswell, rescued or not." Gaz cheeked.

I took a good look around at the men around me, dark circles present in all their faces. Bags so big you could make purses out of each one, I had worried them so much..

"What happened to Scotty and Ajax?" I finally asked.

"In the other car, Scotty gave up without incident and Ajax was.. Well, Ajax." Soap sighed. "We're just glad you're okay, we can interrogate them later."

"Scotty is a good man, just in a bad spot.."

"How can you be so sure?" Gaz inquired.

"He told me."

"Well he could be telling lies." Simon said flatly.

"I know Scotty Simon. Shepherd had some dirt on him that could ruin him and his husbands life forever."

"Is that why he 'died'?" Soap asked.

"Mhm. Shepherd and him made a deal, 30 years of private service to Shepherd. Whatever he wanted, when he wanted."

"In exchange?" Soap prodded.

"His husband and family were left alone, and every 'hard' job took so many years off his service. This one was supposed to be 7 off I think.." Sighing quietly I took a drag. The warm smoke filling my lungs.

"So now that he's in our custody what happens?"

"Well.. I don't know Jonny. Depends entirely on Price.. I can vouch for the man all I want, but Price makes the final choice."

"I'm sure Price is willing to listen to anything you say." The trees gradually got thinner and thinner as we left the National Park.

"Oh sure John, I managed to get captured twice, the mission has been on hold for months because of my mistakes..." Simons arm found its way around my shoulders. Pulling me in tight, resting his clothed chin on my head.