Chapter 2

A/N

This will now be told from a first-person POV mostly focused on our dear Ember, but will explore the other characters. I hope you enjoyed the trauma I inflicted on our little group! There will be a large break between super traumatic experiences, but trauma never stops haha. XOXOXO

I bolted up, my heart racing, gasping for air as she trembled in the Evac chopper. The IV stung in my arm, the banana bag swinging hypnotically near my head. 

"Easy lass!" A Scottish voice echoed, falling on deaf ears. 

"Lt!" Ajax yelped as he dove next to me, my sobbing screams waking both teams up. I was trapped in my own sick head, tears streaming down my cheeks like burning waterfalls. Birdman held me tight, rocking my body back and forth softly whispering in my ear. 

"Em... Em its me... you're okay.. shh.. shh..." His voice tired, as the thudding of boots made their way to me, I only panicked more. Screaming now at the top of my lungs, clawing at Birdman to get him away. Every touch felt like fire, I wanted to run and never stop, I didn't care where. My lungs felt like they were tearing themselves apart, my throat filled with razors. Who was screaming like that? It didn't sound human... More like a slowly dying animal.  

The medic slammed a needle into my bicep, plunging down. Whatever the hell he put into me burned like lava..  "10mg Benzodiazepine." The medic stated. "Should keep her asleep a little longer." His eyes looked down at my battered, broken body wondering what I was seeing. 

I wouldn't wish it on anyone to see what imaged tormented me..

The primal screaming slowed, until I slowly fell back down into the makeshift bed. That didn't stop the echoing in the men's minds. They all returned to their respective seats. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So..." Soap broke the silence first, "Who are you guys?" He asked. 

"I'm Omari. But call me Blushin." The tall African man said, a glazed over look in his eyes. 

"Why do they call you that?" Soap chuckled, glad he asked first.  

"He was caught checking out the Lt when he first transferred with us." The short one, Baby spoke up. "Never seen such red cheeks." 

"Well that's a mistake." The gruff voice of Ghost chimed in, never saying enough. 

"I'm Dante, Dante Hernandez. They call me baby though." Dante said, eager to talk to someone other than the redneck and wall.

"Johnny. But call me Soap, the big masked man is Ghost." He chuckled softly. Ghost echoed a grunt and nodded to the small child. 

"That's Ajax. He goes by Birdman." Dante pointed to the man sitting by Embers head. 

"Why is he so close? He should be asleep himself." Ghost muttered behind his mask. 

"He was the first in our group. Hand picked by Firefly for his Eagle eye." Dante explained. "Or he just loves her, I couldn't tell either way." 

Price glanced up at Omari's arm, pus slowly oozing from the hacked stitches. "You should get that checked out. Looks like shit." The British pointed. 

"One medic. She needs him more." What is with all of these quiet men? 

Price just simply nodded, staring at the girl with auburn hair that pooled around her, caked in blood, dirt, and god knows what else now... He wanted to scrub away the memories of a few hours ago. Make her feel safe. This was his fault.