Chapter 3

-------------------------------------------------Firefly's POV------------------------------------------

I heard crashing coming from the Rec Room, indistinct screams followed by low quiet scolds. I tried to lift myself up but my body betrayed me again.

"Dante, could you go see what the hell is going on?" I looked at the young man, my tired eyes feeling dry.

"Anything for you Em." He nodded, standing slowly as he clutched his freshly treated hand.

Laying back slowly, my back hitting the cot I let out a content sigh. These painkillers were no joke... I really couldn't tell how badly I was hurt, if it weren't for my leg in a sling above me I wouldn't know right now.

The screaming continued, this time I could hear Dante trying to mediate with Soap. The thick southern accent of Ajax ringing loud against the stark contrast of Ghosts deep scolds.

"Omari..." I glanced over at him in his bed, the team of medics trying to fix his arm.

"Yeah Em?" He said, tired and groggy from the medicine

"I'm sorry you all got hurt.." Tears welled up in my eyes again. Looking back at the ceiling I sobbed quietly, the feeling of my tears pooling in my ears muffling whatever he responded with. I could only imagine it was something along the lines of "Don't blame yourself" or "You didn't know." Either way.. those words didn't comfort me.

Dante came back into the room, Ajax in tow. I had never seen Baby so angry, his green eyes infecting the room with hostility.

"Birdman." I said coldly, propping myself up on the stack of pillows to help me sit up.

"Firefly you should have heard what that masked freak was sayin'! He has no right to tell ANYONE what he heard you telling the guys!" He roared at me, suddenly I was back in the metal chair.

My breath caught in my chest, my throat closed, I couldn't hear anything other than the screams of Russians as they snapped my leg like a toothpick. Hot cigars kissed my skin, sweat poured out of ever pore on me. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move. I clutched the blankets close, trembling. Feverishly looking around at the faces of my men, confusion, fear laced in them. Everything was muffled. Nothing made sense. Ajax made his way over to me and attempted to hold me, all I could do was scream and push him, trying to find something to keep Korvak from touching me again I threw the first thing I saw. The metal meal tray I had been given crashed against the concrete walls of the med bay. Wait.. med bays don't have concrete walls. Had I not left? I was still there? What the fuck..

Thoughts raced a thousand miles a second as I was being pinned down by medics, I pushed and pushed, the sound of thudding bodies hitting the floor. Someone needs to shut up whoever keeps screaming...

My hands were suddenly in someone else's, gloved, but a gentle hold. I looked up at the covered face, and the mohawked man. Both of them slowly pushing me down into something.. A bed? My heart hurt... my lungs felt like deflated balloons. A small pill entered my mouth, I tried to spit it out but the gloved hand clasped my mouth shut while the other mans slowly rubbed my shoulders, holding me down.

"Firefly... Swallow, we're here to help." The gruff Manchester voice cut through the white noise like lightning.

"Lass, you're at Credenhill, not Russia. You're safe." The Scottish voice cooed softly, his thumb rubbing my shoulder gently.

The noise stopped, concrete washed away from the walls and air returned to my lungs. I took a deep breath, something that felt new.

"Mom..." Dante called, the poor kid... so afraid of what he just saw.